Any Tips on How to play Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillerConundrum

09-08-2012

I've started to play nasus and would just like some tips on how to play him and what his play style is like..

Thanks.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

2 standard builds
1. GP10 build, with philo stone and HoG, for people who just keep farming, and transition into trinity force
2. CDR tanky build. Usually start by building glocial shroud, and later upgrade it into frozen heart. Really good against bruiser.

Last hit with Q as much as you can, often you will not want to push the lane with E, getting some resistance early on is advised if you want to farm til you can get amazing damage with Q.

TeknoWizard

09-08-2012

Nasus is pretty awesome, and I'm glad to see another player enters the fray by playing him!

I normally run this build. I grab a Philo Stone, and HoG. After that, I go into either Sheen or Phage, then into Trinity Force. After that, I generally just build a Frozen Heart or FoN, then whatever I need to counter the other team. Of course, if I'm losing, I'll grab whatever I need to survive in lane.

If you're winning lane, never be afraid to trade with the other person. Once you have Sheen, you should out trade nearly every top laner. Throw W on them, lead them with E, and smack them with a Q while they're in the circle. If you want to do more, just keep hitting them. Most people don't want to fight with you if you're powerful. If they do, pop ult, and FOR SURE they won't want to fight you then.

I personally run ArPen reds, Flat armor yellows, Scaling MR blues, and Movespeed quints. I feel like this provides a good basis for late game, without making you too vulnerable early. You can switch blues to flat MR if you're up against a Cho'Gath/Vladimir.

As much as I love Nasus, I don't recommend him for most lanes. He requires farm, so people who put out much pressure early without needing to auto attack will hurt you greatly. Some of these are Darius, Vlad, and Jax.

PrfsrChaos

09-08-2012

I too would like to know more people's opinions on Nasus. I like the "Q farming" aspect of Nasus, however when I've played him I've found him slightly flimsy, tough to build and he tends to get bullied a bit.

Of course I could just be awful at playing Nasus which is likely the case, I like the Champ but would like a bit more reassurance that I'm not always going to be pushed around in top lane with him.

Zoser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

Biggest Nasus tip I can give (coming from 1850+) is SKIP the Tri force. Honestly. If your farm your Q properly and get a last whisper late game, your damage will be far higher. This allows you to prioritize items such as Frozen Heart, Shurelyas, FoN, and GA. Basically you want to be a fast, UNKILLABLE, tank that can Q over and over. You don't need phage procs, and the sheen damage hardly justifies the base dmg on your Q. Get last whisper last for insane damage.

iDpark

09-09-2012

I build him as a tank who 2 hits squishies lategame.

So.
Philo
Kindlegem.
Shroud if AD top.
If ap top, still get should for the CDR.

You can build Hog is behind or trin if ahead, but I don't do that.
Finish shroud if AD heavy
if not, Get a FoN.

Get a GA as your 4th item.
Mercs,Frozen Heart, Shurelias, GA
Proceed to win, and collect 15 elo as you pass nexus.

Lame Dude

09-11-2012

Farm Q, profit.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lame Dude View Post
Farm Q, profit.
All the other posts are wrong.