(League Judgment) Nausanda – Summoner of the Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morec0

09-11-2012

The following is a Champion Judgement created for my champion idea: Nausanda – Summoner of the Void. If you want to read more about Nausanda’s lore and abilities, follow the previous link. If you like or dislike and have praises or criticisms of this short story, please feel free to share them as well. I would appreciate any and all feedback on this champion, be it good or bad. Thank you and have a wonderful day/night/life in general.

Previous: None
Next: Hamellet - The Living Buried

Morec0 Presents:

Quote:
OBSERVATION:

Carapace clicks and clacks steadily and loudly against the marble, heavy with the weight of an unearthly body. Purple-red is the creature’s hide, its shell-like skin softening only at the joints to allow it movement. Its large eyes glow green ever so faintly with unnatural power and malicious intent, but at the same time one can look into its eyes and tell that it is far from as intelligent another being of similar appearance and size. No, although his creature seems to resemble the mighty Cho’gath in size, this creature’s mind, and certainly its appearance, both are much more akin to that of the voidlings Malzahar summons to his side.

The creature turns, but it does so without even the slightest hesitation; not like a man or beast that walks on his own to legs, but like a pack animal or riding horse being commanded by a its rider. And a rider it had: on its back, where the shell turned concave into the shape of a hollow bowl, rested a dark purple sphere of glowing energy maybe two yards in height and width. From a distance it is hard to tell, but when one comes close and looks carefully they can spot the silhouette of a young woman, her legs crossed and her hands resting on her kneecaps as she floats in a meditative state within the orb. No defining characteristics can be seen on this three-dimensional shadow, save for a pair of white eyes that also shine through the violet sphere.

Her head neither tilts or turns, it remains looking straight ahead just as her mount does; but she knows exactly what is around here, who is watching her. She can feel the area around her, the ebb of magic, the presence of the Summoners monitoring her progress as she makes her way towards the large doorway at the end of the hall. There is a sign above this door, but although she pauses ever so briefly to wait for the gateway to open she pays what it says no attention. The doorway opens and she continues to urge her mount forward once again, entering the room as the door closes behind her. Not even the glow of her pet’s eyes or the orb could pierce the obfuscating darkness…

REFLECTION:

… And then it was gone; the blackness of shadow removed, and the world around her given color and shape once more. Around her were now buildings of metal, thick clouds of pollution that not only blocked the sky but in some area fell to blanket the ground. Her pet was gone, and she was bound and gagged, forced helplessly to kneel before the masked man who chanted as held a knife over her, the tip pointing down to the crown of her head. Slowly, he removed his gloved hands from the weapons hilt, but the dagger did not fall. It remained hanging in the air, dipping and rising, yes, but only by mere centimeters each; the weapon would not fall towards her until the time was right.

The chanting continued, and around her suddenly materialized hundreds of men and women of all kinds, but all dressed in similar-looking dark purple and blue robes. The chanting grew louder, and Malzahar’s glowing blue eyes rolled back into his head, his eyelids fluttering open and shut faster and faster, only the pace of his quickening chanting was faster.

The sound of energy boomed throughout the area. “Malzahar!” The voice was powerful, and echoed with a metallic tone that only made it sound thus more intimidating. It spoke again, ordering Malzahar like one would order a dog; “Get away from her! She is not yours!”

The Prophet of the Void stopped his chanting and seemed to regain control over his body. His voice echoed as well, but not as Kassadin’s did, the echo it spoke with was hollow, wispy, the result of forces beyond this world instead of a metallic mask. “Brother! Enlightened Walker of the Path! Join us!” His words were not threatening, not hateful, and certainly not surprised; they were welcoming, they were calm, as if he had known the other man’s appearance was an assured thing…

Nausanda realized that it was; she was here. Kassadin, her father, would have had no choice but to come to her rescue. Did the man leading the assembled cult know this? Was this why she was here? Was she merely a pawn to lure Kassadin to this place? Was this a trap? She wanted to yell at her father to flee, to leave her to die and escape whatever plot this “Malzahar” had kidnapped her to carry out; but she couldn’t, not with the gag in her mouth. She tried to remove it, spit it out, chew it apart, but she couldn’t; the cloth was too thick and knot was too strong.

“Don’t patronize me, mage! You threaten the balance! Let her go!”

The mage pulled down his scarf and smiled madly at Kassadin; his glowing eyes making the wide grin all the more horrifying to look upon. He reached out towards the dagger, intent on finishing what he had started. Nausanda braced herself as she continued to try and rid herself of her gag, to tell her father to flee.

But before Malzahar’s hand could grip the hilt of the blade, Kassadin forced an orb of purple energy from his weapon which flung itself towards his foe. But then something unexpected and horrific happened; the energy diverted course, pulled into the weapon by the will of something greater than either Malzahar of Kassadin.

Upon impact, the steel blade of the dagger flashed and turned into a purple weapon of energy. Malzahar flinched back from it as it began to spin and writhe in the air outside of his control. In a mere second it had cut a yard-long gash in the air itself, and from his gash lunged a shadow of indefinable shape flashed out like lightening and grabbed Nausanda. It was right before then that she finished chewing through the gag and spat in from her mouth, just in time to let out a scream before she was pulled through the hole in reality.

The world around her became pitch black once again, but Nausanda was not as she had been before she had entered the room. She was fully unbound now, but she was far from safe. Dark energy swirled through and around her, penetrating her, mind, soul, and body. A dark voice whispered directly into her mind:

You are not strong enough.

You do not have the will.

You know who is responsible for this.

You know what must be done.

You know who your true allies are.

Your life was a lie, but this is truth.

The voice rasped and whispered, over and over speaking to her of her weakness, of her failure, of her suffering betrayal. This went on for what felt like months, each whisper never growing louder or more powerful, but each second, each minute; each hour that ticked away it seemed to grow more and more invasive. Nausanda’s mind flashed back to her father’s story, how he had let the Void inside of him to defeat it and keep it from overwhelming him. She could not keep it out; she was not strong enough to keep it out of her mind. She took a deep breath and fully opened herself up to the dark powers around her.

Then the images came. She saw horrible, unspeakable things; monsters of horrific power and form, magic and power beyond the imaginations of even Valoran’s mightiest magi, worlds that had been consumed by these monsters and magics. Then the voice in her head showed her Valoran itself, in all of its splendor; its forests, its life, its prosperity. But for each of images also came a glimpse at that same world, twisted and scarred beyond all but the faintest recognition. The images repeated over and over and over, faster and faster, becoming more and more tainted by the glimpses she saw until, after what felt like years, all she could see was Valoran consumed by the Void.

You are ready.

The voice spoke to her this one final time, acknowledging what she had become without the slightest bit of satisfaction, though she knew it was as pleased with what she now was.

And so was she.

Without another world the voice deposited her back onto Valoran, within the ruined city of Icathia, within the violet orb on the back of the creature she still rode. Without even a millisecond of hesitation she ordered the beast towards the Institute of War.

And then it was black once more, the shadows of the Institute once more. But now she was not alone. Visible in the darkness despite any source of light, just as she was, was a lone Summoner robed from head to toe in violet cloth. The two regarded each other silently for several seconds, and then the question came:

“Why do you want to join the League, Nausanda?”

“To aid Malzahar; to prepare the way for the Void; to fulfill my destiny.” Her voice echoed with both power and madness, in just the manner that she had heard Malzahar’s to be altered so long ago.

The Summoner silently regarded Nausanda again for many seconds. “Why do you want to join the League, Nausanda?”

Silence once more, then the Summoner of the Void laughed loudly and madly for a minute and more. “Do not think to put words in my mouth or thoughts in my mind, Summoner.”

For a final time, there was a pause in exchange between the two. “How does it feel, exposing your mind?”

Nausanda’s reply was filled with just as much madness as her laugh had been; “How does it feel being exposed to it?”

The Summoner vanished, and the gates opened before her to bathe a narrow path with revealing light. Once more without hesitation, she proceeded forward.
I give Riot full permission to use this idea, unaltered or not, should they desire to; all I ask for is a by-name mention.

Morec0

09-13-2012

I've made a minor edit to the Reflection to give it just a little more suspense. It's in no way story-altering, though; in fact it actually meshes better with the lore I created for her. Give it a read and see what you think.

Morec0

09-29-2012

le bump

Peffern

01-14-2013

Bumper posts!

Morec0

11-11-2013

Because I must have the last word on all of my creations.

Peffern

11-16-2013

OMGOMGOMG!!!!!

I've literally been looking for this thread since February 2012!!!!

I need to use your OC in a fanfic. Permission?

Morec0

11-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peffern View Post
OMGOMGOMG!!!!!

I've literally been looking for this thread since February 2012!!!!

I need to use your OC in a fanfic. Permission?
Sure, why not. Just stick to the personality I've mapped out for her, and don't make it... weird (you know what I mean).

Peffern

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morec0 View Post
Sure, why not. Just stick to the personality I've mapped out for her, and don't make it... weird (you know what I mean).
G-rated. Definitely.

I plan on telling the story of how she and Malzahar band together with a crew of lovable minions to defeat the tyrannical Kassadin and bring peace to the world.

Jkjk Aka void-fic written from their perspective. I plan on introducing it with the story of how she got put in the void, but I wrote it on like 3 hours of sleep so it needs revision badly.

I think I can match your personality, but I'd need it spelled out.

Morec0

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peffern View Post
G-rated. Definitely.

I plan on telling the story of how she and Malzahar band together with a crew of lovable minions to defeat the tyrannical Kassadin and bring peace to the world.

Jkjk Aka void-fic written from their perspective. I plan on introducing it with the story of how she got put in the void, but I wrote it on like 3 hours of sleep so it needs revision badly.

I think I can match your personality, but I'd need it spelled out.
Good to hear, be sure to throw a link in here when you're done so I can check it out.

Personality-wise, I've always seen post-transformation Nausanda as very much like Malzahar, but more twisted and even more confident in the Void to the point where when Malzahar thinks something's gone wrong with the ritual (in the Journal of Justice story) Nausanda would link it to "the Void's plan" or, at worst, a setback that was prepared for. Pre-Voidification... feel free to portray her as you want, I really had nothing aside from a fairly strong female character for that part of her life, so extrapolate at will.

Peffern

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morec0 View Post
Good to hear, be sure to throw a link in here when you're done so I can check it out.

Personality-wise, I've always seen post-transformation Nausanda as very much like Malzahar, but more twisted and even more confident in the Void to the point where when Malzahar thinks something's gone wrong with the ritual (in the Journal of Justice story) Nausanda would link it to "the Void's plan" or, at worst, a setback that was prepared for. Pre-Voidification... feel free to portray her as you want, I really had nothing aside from a fairly strong female character for that part of her life, so extrapolate at will.
Good! We're in agreement. I don't have anything planned for her pre-void as I'm starting with her getting sent there. I might add a flashback sometime. I'll bet she liked animals; that carries over into the voidling thing.