Is Lux Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Man of Troy

09-11-2012

I play a lot of lux and do rather well. I was wondering how she compares with other Mids in ranked and if it is worth it to start bringing her into ranked. Thanks for the feedback.

Hughes De Payens

09-11-2012

She seems viable to me. Her burst is pretty crazy if she hits with snare > aa > singularity > aa > ult and she's got a shield + snare to help v.s. ganks.

Her late game is good but she's the type that just bursts hard then is useless in fights for a bit, which sort of sucks.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

enh...nukers are nukers, lux does have crazy range tho. with max cdr you can get the lazor down to a 24 sec cd.

Laxis

09-11-2012

It depends on team comp. How often do you miss your Q? If you miss it I know you have 15 seconds before you can use it again early lvls. I hope you like farming under turret because it's the only place you'll be safe from junglers.

Eggochiggo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

She is pretty good in ranked but you need to build CDR, if you build all AP you just sit around for 10 seconds every fight which doesn't help your team. You should have no problem winning your lane or staying even as long as you have blue buff since farming doesn't get much easier than lux.

Man of Troy

09-11-2012

Thanks guys. This has been pretty helpful. I usually build her heavy ap to start then end with some CDR. I use blue pots a lot and that seems to get the job done. And I can hit snares when I need to. I run clarity (also so i dont need blue early), so i sometimes just toss one out to see what i can get, but when I am looking to land I would say I get 75%+. and junglers dont give me much problem. I can snare them (and usually the mid guy too) and run.

pro4never

09-11-2012

Hit your skillshots and maintain good positioning and she's great.

Also.. don't first pick her because she has some really poor matchups versus any assassin style mages (katarina, kass, lb, akali to lesser extent)

Man of Troy

09-11-2012

kat i can usually handle, but kass and LB give me problems. Well you all have been very helpful, wish me luck, and thanks for your opinions.

Velerean

09-11-2012

She's meh. There are other mids that do the job better.

BuceTheCaboose

09-11-2012

I personally think that Lux is a very viable mid. But like someone stated; why choose her when you can play Ryze with an auto-lock snare or Morgana with higher AP ratios on moves that deal more damage? (let's admit, 300 base damage level 5 snare is strong). Lux also needs the correct team composition. She cannot simply kill people once the game really gets going at around the 25-30 minute mark, so she needs characters that can kill off people. Lux becomes nothing more than a health-melter/support-ish champion later on. Throwing out snares to catch people, throwing E to check bushes and shielding team-mates as often as you can. While throwing out your combo to bring the enemy team to critical health.

Lux works very well if you don't mess up your combo in team fights. Early/mid-game her combo is devastating and will turn many team fights in your team's favor. I find it hard to lose lane as well. A good Lux will know her limits against any opponent.