What is so wrong with Zeke's?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hughes De Payens

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightraven View Post
That's a pretty fair point, but kind of frustrating. If the build for any given AD carry is identical to every other AD carry, then what's the point of there being an item-buying system to begin with? So one might accidentally screw it up?

Sometimes higher-tier play for this game really bums me out.
Because that way you can change your item order depending on various circumstances. The reason people get annoyed with you is that you're getting babysat bottom by a support so you can make lots of gold, and the items you get impact your team's late game teamfight damage more than anyone else's, so if you build inefficiently, it's effectively gimping you AND your support.

Wightraven

09-11-2012

Well, thanks for your responses everyone.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-11-2012

Yea, if you need Lifesteal, buy Vampiric Scepter early. Then focus on building other AD/AS items. Come back later to finish it into a Bloodthirster if you don't want to build one early. Let your support or tank build a Zeke's Herald.

FaerellG

09-11-2012

Zeke's isn't bad, like others have said, you should grab a zeal and vamp scepter instead.
If you really want Zekes, you should ask your support to build it.

TheOneMillion

09-11-2012

If you want that early lifesteal with some offense, try grabbing an early executioners calling. Its passive will actually be noticeable early on and the random crits can cause choas.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

I'm going to give you slightly different advice.

If you are playing a phys carry that really likes CDR (Say, Ezreal) you might be able to do something crazy like Brutalizer into Zeke's into Infinity Edge. Brutalizer gives AD, pen and CDR. Zekes gives you lifesteal, HP, AS, CDR. Essentially, rather than grabbing an early Trinity (Or early phage/sheen), you grab very similar stats with CDR+pen rather than the on-hit damage and slow.

That really doesn't sound too bad, especially when you realize the 'flat' CDR of Ezreal's Q stacks with CDR. Which means with 40% (Brutalizer, Zekes, Ionian) your 4 second Q cd goes to 2.4, which means every time you land a Q your next one is up in 1.4 seconds. Which is pretty solid.

Personally, I would go Trinity/Infinity for the insane damage, but I could see Brutalizer/Zekes/Infinity working.

Zeryz

09-11-2012

Someone else should get it
and like the early advantage will mess you up later