Skintimidation, is it real or not?

Yes, it effects me slightly. 66 59.46%
No, it has no effect at all. 36 32.43%
Skins are a waste of money. 9 8.11%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Skintimidation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0rias

09-12-2012

Only skins i fear are really old skins like toboggan Corki or the hockey Jax skin. World cup skins as well just because it shows that those players have been around for a long time.

frda

Recruiter

09-12-2012

It literally has no effect on me.

SilentSounds

09-13-2012

It just tells me that person likes the skin, and probably knows how to use him. Nothing makes me more afraid than a support with a skin... nothing. (unchained ali not incld.)

MarlaMazzyHope

09-13-2012

It has the opposite effect as when someone picks a free week champ.

0vos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

The only skins I really fear are the Limited / Legacy ones (nightmares with Crimson Akali >_>)

pmd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TameBeast View Post
In my opinion your poll is not a good poll. You have 3 options to the question, however the third option does not answer the question. I think a better third option would be "Only a few skins have an affect".

That being said I want to point out something random I noticed:
I played a match vs an enemy Sivir. I think she had the Bandit Sivir skin. It made her boomerangs a lot harder to see in my opinion. They were not bright yellow like her normal skin and instead were a small dark grey. This definitely felt like it made them harder to dodge. My friend I was laning against reported that he felt the same way.

So in certain cases I would say yes, skin's can make a difference. But for the most part, no, I think that's silly.

QFT

Its a lot harder to dodge dark valkerie dianas q then regular dianas, then again, its harder to see moonlight =p

TheComet

09-13-2012

I see a skin and it's more a sign that "okay this player I'm 75% sure is confident with this character", typically players with skins will get skins for characters they frequently play.

doesn't mean they may just have a skin from a sale with leftover RP though, that's why I have the nightblade skin for Irelia, but that's the 25% missing from above :P