Skintimidation, is it real or not?

Yes, it effects me slightly. 63 58.33%
No, it has no effect at all. 36 33.33%
Skins are a waste of money. 9 8.33%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Skintimidation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nishaven90

09-11-2012

I never think that players with skins are better players.

Fat Ninja

09-11-2012

Yes and no.

Only once have I said "Oh, ****". That was when the enemy team had WW's Urf skin. I went into /all and said "GG, you guys got Urf, we lose".

If it is an older skin that is no longer available, and is a sign that the player has been playing for quite some time. I do thinkto myself that this guy may be a problem. But only when I see Urf do I really get intimidated.

Bukumber Express

09-11-2012

I buy a skin for a champion that I like and want to get better at. If I just got a new champion with IP and I really like their playstyle, then I put five bucks into a skin so that I'm basically forced to get a lot better with them - it makes it more fun to play them and besides, who wants to know that they had wasted money?

rvzillmer

09-11-2012

I know when I see bunny Teemo that player is trying to make my whole team rage.

Oshiet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

It used to until I ran into a Corki with the urf skin and he really sucked. My friends and I agreed that skins =/= wins.

Cocoaman08

09-11-2012

When you see a definately not blitzcrank skin thats when you know your f****d at bot lane haha! Wish i had that skin, only have boom boom. But it works well enough especially if you spam your w and just run towards them. Awesome skin/ability combo for zoning purposes haha mostly works early game though and if they dont have a ward but of course that works for everybody

TeknoWizard

09-11-2012

Depends on the age/popularity of the skin, plus the popularity of the champion. As someone said, Shen players with skins are normally good. However, I see a vast majority of the newer Warlord-Shen-skinned players playing worse than, say, Blood Moon Shens. But I mean, I see a Maokai jungle with a skin, I'm thinking, "Well. ****."

Rykaal

09-11-2012

If I see the enemy team has more skins, I just joke and say "we have fewer skins, surrender at 20" but its a joke, And in some cases, if the enemy team has an incredibly awesome skin like Corporate Mundo or Brolaf, i'll even say in allchat, Nice skin.

TameBeast

09-11-2012

In my opinion your poll is not a good poll. You have 3 options to the question, however the third option does not answer the question. I think a better third option would be "Only a few skins have an affect".

That being said I want to point out something random I noticed:
I played a match vs an enemy Sivir. I think she had the Bandit Sivir skin. It made her boomerangs a lot harder to see in my opinion. They were not bright yellow like her normal skin and instead were a small dark grey. This definitely felt like it made them harder to dodge. My friend I was laning against reported that he felt the same way.

So in certain cases I would say yes, skin's can make a difference. But for the most part, no, I think that's silly.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

I really enjoyed the first few weeks of pulsefeeder ezreal where every time I saw that skin the person using it had a 95% chance of being awful