When should I ward each spot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamedTraxis

09-10-2012

I've found my biggest problem in mid lane is warding, I either do it at a bad time, in the wrong spot, or don't do it because I feel like I'm not threatened. I googled a map and photoshopped it, labeling common warding spots with letters. If you could give me advice on when I should ward in each spot when I'm on the BLUE team, it would be much appreciated. (I don't want purple because I can just flip the information, assuming it's intelligent.)

Basically, I need to know things like
-If their jungler seems to be camping you and ganking you frequently, what spots do you ward
-If they have X jungler, ward in Y spot (Eg. they have Shaco, so ward D/C because he will normally wait in the bushes before he Q ganks, or something like that).
- If I push hard, where do I ward
- If I'm always being pushed, should I ward, and if so where should I ward.
- Any other logical things similar to the stuff above

It would be very appreciated, thanks

MAP: http://i.imgur.com/ePQG4.jpg

PS. I know warding comes from experience, as most things in this game do, but there has to be some logical order for when you ward, I'm sure you don't just ALWAYS feel like a certain spot just needs to be warded, and then that ward saves your life a minute later, without you really knowing why the ward had to go there or why it worked.

NamedTraxis

09-10-2012

bump

Resent

09-10-2012

It depends where top and bot are warding.. if they are warding, that is.. I generally like to ward "B" and "F" on that map of yours. Why?

"B"
Dragon is usually warded by bottom, so you can see anything around the other bushes, and anything coming to you, but you cannot see the ramp, or anything around there, so I place it there. I avoid placing in C, because then there is a narrow vision loss when you go around that bush. The idea is to see them coming, and to see them leaving, it doesn't matter if you can't see them in the C bush, just make sure the ward is revealing most of the river.

"F"
I generally like to ward here, because you can see more in advance from E. The exception is if your top lane is smart and wards the entrance to their blue buff. With it at F, you can see junglers coming to the D bush from E, and you can move accordingly before they get there.

CapriciousXII

09-10-2012

e,g,h, and b are the most important spots.

B and E cover common jungler routes when YOUR lanes are warded and theyre looking to gank by going the roundabout way

its also common for opposing mid to pass by those points and those points usually give you enough vision to catch them moving away from mid

H and G are useful for either spotting an invade or finding enemy jungler positioning.
it also allows you to steal wraiths rather effortlessly if you find the opportunity and are unsure if its safe

on blue side if you ward G and you spot the enemy jungle make sure you do something with that information. let your teammates know where he is, what buffs they have, and what level theyre sitting at and where they look like theyre heading.
its a giant counterplay option and allows you to make aggressive moves

most of the time having just G and H warded are enough for me and I drop them when it's safe after my first buy because if your teammates are warding properly they should catch the remaining blind spots later down that path

also, if you push hard, you should probably be ganking lanes as well.

as another tip the points I singled out are all choke points leading different directions, meaning its optimal to put them there as you get the most vision you can from just 1 ward