Kat vs Leblanc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue Prism

09-10-2012

Just wondering how people play this matchup. I know it's terrible for Kat, but if you play normals or get counterpicked because the other team picks last, then you're forced to play this MU and you basically get screwed over. I have no idea how Leblanc was balance tested since she seems to be able to 1-shot a lot of mid laners at level 6 and has decent single-target cc for laning phase, but that's not the point of this OP. Any tips/builds for a Kat when playing Leblanc would be appreciated.

Here's what I'm having trouble against:
- You can't even farm under tower because her W lets her dive you and get out. Her Q also does a crapload of damage.
- Ganks are hard to land vs. Leblanc once again because of her W. It's like Kassadin's free flash but she has it before 6.
- Her Q silence stops your ult and combined with her W and E, she'll get away from just about any 1v1 situation.
- She basically can one-shot you at level 6 and she will be most likely get to 6 before you.

Discussion:
- When do you build a Negatron? Before boots 2? After Revolver? Are there any other items you should build (e.g. Hexdrinker/Maw) and when should you build them?
- Should you max skills in a different order? Right now I max Q then W then E.
- When can you "safely" go in on a Leblanc?
- Should you just roam after 6 and give up your tier 1 mid tower (or not care as much as in other MUs)?

Edit: And by 1-shot, I mean she facerolls QWER and kills you.

ThyCharmelion

09-10-2012

LeBlanc is a horrid farmer, just outfarm her. She drops off pretty hard in the late game, whereas your death lotus will wreck at almost any point in the game. As for her combo, either build a banshees straight up (this REALLY hurts LeBlanc's combo) or use your shunpo as soon as you think she will engage. Hope this helps.

Taoquitok

09-11-2012

leblanc mid/late game is heavily dependant on mid/jungle being stupid and feeding her. deny her the kills early by playing defensive / maybe swap lanes with someone with more sustain mid.. say for example of you have a nunu supporting bot, swap with him. he's got insane sustain for mid and it surprising powerful there as AP..
If you can't swap... well as I said, play defensive. If you need to jump in to get a bit of farm, jump in with your shunpo, chuck your q and run out / reverse this order if leblanc is far enough away and the next minion wave is incoming so you can jump away onto it.
Also go clear wraiths and wolves whenever up while your minions are fighting in the mid of mid.

mid/late game you'll build up loads of farm to make up for the lack of early farm. Once those team fights start up you'll be able to wrack up your assists/kills pretty quick if you time your attacks correctly.

BuceTheCaboose

09-11-2012

Rush Negatron Cloak and Merc Treads. I always do this when I face LeBlanc playing ANY AP carry. Hope that your team has some good CC left for her. If LeBlanc goes glass cannon, her base health is horribly low for how close she gets into teams. And just know that you heavily out-scale her into late game. And deny her early kills, LeBlanc cannot farm at all (unless they're godlike at last hitting). Because if they use their abilities to farm, they're wasting a ton of mana (her moves are insanely expensive to make up for her incredibly burst). Make sure to always call MIA if you don't see her in lane or else she'll end up getting kills/assists.

Míley Dyrus

09-11-2012

I rush abyssal scepter while laning against heavy nukers as Kat.
If I'm getting outlaned hard, I just leave to gank as much as possible- try to assist teammates or yourself with kills.
That being said, Kat definitely isn't the kind of champion you pick before your opponent.

Crymoricus

09-15-2012

The idea that LeBlanc drops off late-game is an absolute myth perpetrated by bad LeBlanc players -- of which there are countless many.

The fact is, the only thing that makes late game harder for LeBlanc is the fact that most fights are 5v5 in late, making it difficult to target and insta-kill the squishies.

But even in late game, she still insta-kills squishies.

Heck, if a good Leblanc who understands her timing on silences gets a tank alone in a lane late game, all to herself for 15 seconds, even that tank is gonna die.

Fact is, he value of LeBlanc, more than most champs in LoL, is determined by the skill of the player behind her. A bad LeBlanc is so very, very bad. A good LeBlanc is a sight to behold.

Check this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJeBIlf1Lr4