Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should games with leavers / disconnecters count?

Yes 11 32.35%
No 12 35.29%
Stop whining about being in ELO hell 11 32.35%
Voters 34 .

Dear Riot, WHY

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temujin650

09-20-2010

Quote:
Nyfari:
Mute them. I do it all the time when people *****.

Maybe then make leaver-games not count only for solo queue to mitigate this.

Yeah, you could ignore them. That's not really the point though :x. I would bet that a huge number of players don't even know that's possible.

Also, this just gives people a way to avoid a legitimate loss.

Devan

09-20-2010

Quote:
Xquisite:
Me and my friends would make one of us leave right before were about to lose.

And that is why this idea will never come into play.

Butt3r

09-20-2010

Quote:
Nyfari:
Alright, so here's my question.
Why does a ranked game with a leaver still count?

As soon as someone leaves the game, it artificially inflates the ELO of the 5 man team, and artificially deflates the ELO of the 4 poor souls left behind.

I'm currently new to the ranked games, just hit level 30 recently. So far I've lost 3 games. One of them was a good game, I'm not upset about losing it. 2 of them had leavers on my team. So my ranking more closely reflects the amount of games people have bailed on rather than my actual skill (which still isn't much).

The only arguments I could think of for why they still count are twofold. First, I can understand that in an arranged game someone might leave in order to stop their friends from losing rating. This would be fixed by banning people who leave often, so it would be super difficult for a group of friends to keep doing this for long. Secondly, if someone leaves because "omg hax" (aka: they suck and someone is way, way better than them), I can understand the argument that they left because they are horrible players and you wouldn't have won anyways. I counter this argument with the fact that sometimes even a completely crappy player can do something amazing and win the game now and again. I think we've all seen that 1/15/2 feeder come out of nowhere last minute and ace the enemy team.

I'm not here to whine about being stuck in "ELO hell" due to bad players, I'm really just curious as to why players are being unfairly punished or rewarded based on either random chance (disconnections) or rage quits, and if this is even something that Riot is working on.

I know that in HoN if someone leaves the game no longer counts (at least it used to be that way way back in beta when I played), so it seems a viable solution. Lets see what you all think though.

the thing is that someone leaving often depends on how your team plays. If your team is good you are less likely to have leavers. Screw HoN, just try to keep your team together and make everyone feel included. Maybe the solution is decreased ELO shift with a leaver but still, i think i'm fine with the way things are.

Nyfari

09-20-2010

Quote:
Butt3r:
the thing is that someone leaving often depends on how your team plays. If your team is good you are less likely to have leavers. Screw HoN, just try to keep your team together and make everyone feel included. Maybe the solution is decreased ELO shift with a leaver but still, i think i'm fine with the way things are.

Well the last game with a leaver I was in, Warwick got killed by gangplank in the first 5 minutes and went WTF HAX and then left. We were winning, he just thought gangplank was hacking so he left. There isn't anything anyone on either team could do about that, and its situations like this that are the truly terrible ones

EquisScry

09-20-2010

The team with the leaver was probably going to lose anyway, 90% of the time. Though it feels unfair, if you were winning a game and the other team had a leaver, don't you think you deserve the elo gain? You played well enough to make someone rage quit.

The leaver should take more of the loss and his teamates should take less, I think most people agree on that. But you can't tell the winning team "Sorry, no elo gain for you because someone you killed repeatedly decided to leave the game."

mastersoco

09-20-2010

While there are good reasons to change the current system I think the problems they would cause outweigh the benefits.

Having said that if there was to be some type of change there was a suggestion about having a game with a leaver count for the winners and not for the losers. I'd take that a step further and say the game can still count for the winners, not count for the losers...except the leaver who should get an appropriate loss on the record. That may not be a bad solution; it would certainly discourage leaving.

Sugar

09-20-2010

The system is dumb :3 .