Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Gabriel, the Scrap Animator

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arixa

Recruiter

09-10-2012

Okay I read through the new kit.

Passive: The risk level of going into melee to pick up junk is probably worth the power of the CDR and mild mana return. The mana return is the only possible concern if it proved too good in playtesting.

Q: AP ratio is probably a touch low(even zyra who has seedlings to add damage has a .6 on her Q).

W: Seems good. 1 second delay is too long probably, Neither Swain nor Cho(the two easist to dodge aoe cc's) are that long. The last buff to cho put his stomp at 0.625s delay and it is the longest I know of. This is a play testing/feel sort of thing though.

E: The dot is a little long for how small the damage is(common case is 3 minions + 1 champion for 25+30=55 damage over 3 seconds) Maybe give the dot an ap ratio to up its damage? The ap ratio on this spell is awfully low anyway so it could probably afford that.

R: I think this is fair now. People should know how to move out of things and your teammates can work with you to keep it on people. 650 diameter should feel appropriately large enough to be a tornado

Overall: For a mage his non-ult ap ratios are terrible. He should get over 1.0 at least(currently .8), even Xerath in all his ult dependance gets 1.4. Other than the balance stuff I could see this champion existing in the game. It plays like a mage, has good synergy with its own abilities, plays well with others, and has an aesthetic people will like.

Shrouded Snake

09-11-2012

Stats have been added. Of course, without play testing, those numbers could be too much, too little or both.

and just for the sheer fun of it.

Kamikaze bunny. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwoqNnsLglc)

Shrouded Snake

09-12-2012

Threw in some ninja tweeks. Don't expect a change to the lore anytime soon. I suck at literature.

Wulffe

09-16-2012

Hey Shrouded Snake. Just popped in to see what kinda junk Gabriel has gotten into. Shame it's been a bit since he's been touched so here's something to keep him in the game. Congratulations on making this week's Featured Champions (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28886841)!

Kilar

09-16-2012

Wow I really like the idea of animating to life scrap metal minions such a cool concept Nice job. The only ability I dont like is the W where it roots the enemy. My suggestion would be change the ult to W and reduce damge done since its not an ult anymore. As for an ultimate I think it would be neat to spawn a little army of scrap metal minions that help make movement hard for the enemy and also each one does damage to the enemy. I imagine it like spy kids 3d when that army of minions goes after the kids and they have to jump down in the lava (weird movie reference but thats what I picture)

Shrouded Snake

09-17-2012

Thanks Wulffe. Blame life for lack of changes.

Alright. Kilar, The main reasons why I'm hesitant to swap W and R is because I feel like I'd essentially be creating another Teemo and losing the only hard CC that is on a reasonable CD. And for the record, I'm NOT a member of the Teemo fan club. For the new ultimate, It's a neat idea and I'm kinda picturing Heim's turrets and Maokai's seedlings with some CC. Wulffe, among others, would probably want to murder me if he ever became a target of such a thing... Especially if he has a self-destructing bunny on his tail.

MentalPause

09-17-2012

Howdy Shrouded Snake, I really like the idea of a "Scrappy" champion.

Passive: As stated before it does seem to put him in a precarious position to collect the junk, however the reward is nice, and promotes positioning.

Kamikzae Bunny! yes please. As is I really like this ability. For a little added effect why not add a brief knockup for added cc.

W: I think the idea is good, however it lacks something. I know you said you didn't want to get rid of your one hard cc on a low cooldown, so why not change it slightly. As a mage your looking to combo well and this could, used correctly, do just that. I would suggest taking a look at Diana's Moonfall ability as I think this character could really benefit from a pull rather than a root in place effect. You could have it slowly pull them into the center, however you'd probably need to lower the duration. The pull really sets up you abilities for more damage. You could use this, then Q, then W, into his ult for a lot of damage. Kind of scarry scary really.

E: I like this ability as is. I kinda imagined them as the wind up chattering teeth, except much more intimidating.

R: As it stands I like it.

Overall I'm not much for numbers so I'm not sure where you stand on that point, however he really seems to fit the mage feel. Decent AoE, and multiple damage effects. His abilities seem to combo very well. I just feel like he's missing something to fit the them. Maybe try working in animated junk that act like minions or Yorick's ghouls.

If you like the tornado effect and want to change the ult to what Kilar suggested you could have him use a toggle that causes the junk in the area to swirl around dealing damage to enemies. Kinda like Amumu's despair, and when you toggle it off the junk would drop in place. this would make collecting the junk a little easier at times and give you another damaging effect.

deusexeesti

09-17-2012

I saw the joke. And I want him now!

Shrouded Snake

09-17-2012

After thinking it through, I'm not changing the ultimate. It's fine as it is. I really do want to see a big fudging tornado shredding people apart.

@MentalPause
You're right, W is the blandest ability and needs a bit of a rework. I've been wanted to touch on that but you might have given me an idea. You're example of Diana's E is usable but I have another application for it. Instead of slowly pulling people into a central area, How about it just yanks them and apply a speed debuff, Like a AoE combination of Cho'gath's stomp and Blitzcrank's pull. I could even imagine a rusty, torn version of Blitz, Orianna, and maybe Victor's arms as a hidden passive if any of them are in the match.

Shrouded Snake

09-17-2012

Okay guys. Made our favorite bunnies even better. Go check it out if you haven't done so yet. Still working on W's rework.

Edit: reverted the bunnies back to previous version.