In normal games...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turbOpun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Do people ever pick a champion based on their team?

It seems all anyone does is pick a champion and sit on it, lock in ASAP cause they already have their masteries for that specific champion. It's ridiculous.

turbOpun has selected Xin Zhao.

turbO: i'm gonna jungle. [has smite spell, duh!]

Everyone picks a melee champion.... Everyone.

Do I just need to wait until thirty for competent teammates? Cause apparently Solo 5v5 is not much better in ranked.

Drastic Times

09-20-2010

No, It really isnt. Even if we do get a tank, often enough they are moronic and cant initiate for ****.
Its especially entertaining when a team comprised of entirely physical dps goes up against a team of ranged carries. Bahahaha. So entertaining.

Dehthe

09-20-2010

Normal = the new Practice.

Until they "fix" practice games it is just as you said... people adjust their runes/masteries to play a specific character and that is who they are going to play no matter what else anyone chooses.

How many times have you been in a normal game and heard, "sorry this is my first time playing <insert champion name here>."

DrTwister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Yea no. I now use normal games to practice and play different champs. There's really no where else to do it, and if we lose, it doesn't affect my Elo. So people primarily just pick who they want to play. Team makeup doesn't matter.

MrZann

09-20-2010

People don't really do this in ranked games either.

Ozy

09-20-2010

I have micro orgasms every time someone picks a tank in Normal Games.

Drastic Times

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZann View Post
People don't really do this in ranked games either.
Hahahahaha, Yeah they do. If you havent seen it, youre lucky.

Devil May LOL

09-20-2010

I use normal game to practice my ez for ranked.

I still try to win and tell my team where to gank, when to drag etc. like a real ranked game, but team comp nope. Don't care

turbOpun

09-20-2010

I'm a level away from 30 right now, so hopefully my woes will be remedied some. Thanks for the input... even though it just reaffirms how terrible normal is becoming.

SwiftySuspect

09-20-2010

Normal is full of insta-lock ins. I hit 30 a few weeks after season 1 started and after seeing all the horror stories of this 'elo hell' I haven't even bothered with ranked. I've seen some high elo streams though (clg) and it seems even at 1500+ players make ridiculous mistakes.