Hey Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mershin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darken Asher View Post
Then why is it, when the game goes down every other day, the forums go down too?

Huh? HUH?!?!
I was curious about this as well once and Pendragon said that when the servers go down, a mob of users come check the forums for a status update, therefore putting a strain on the forums as well.

Hanni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darken Asher View Post
Then why is it, when the game goes down every other day, the forums go down too?

Huh? HUH?!?!
Because when the game goes down, 2 million angry nerds join the forums to check wtf has happened, thus over saturating the website.

Hurr durr.

MeanNoob

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKillbot View Post
Actually, I have no idea. I don't touch the forums with any codes. Probably just not a high priority at the moment.
I'm not trying to antagonize you, but could you not have just said that from the get go?

RiotKillbot

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanNoob View Post
I'm not trying to antagonize you, but could you not have just said that from the get go?
sorry!

Deathkníght

09-20-2010

Do you need to be in a high ranking position at RIOT to have an OP Champion as your portrait?

Twilexia

09-20-2010

support +1

Mershin

09-20-2010

Quote:
Actually, I have no idea. I don't touch the forums with any codes. Probably just not a high priority at the moment.
Well I guess look at it from this perspective...

You'd read a thread, and each post would have to download each poster's avatar picture on top of what they download already. So I would have to say that yes, it could add an additional strain on the server the forums run on. I believe once you have someone's avatar pic once, it should cache it though. Regardless at this point the forums occasionally have issues with high traffic volumes, I would venture that you're (Riot) not looking into adding additional strain until the forums can handle it imho.

MeanNoob

09-20-2010

Quote:
sorry!
All is good, I won't bother with it no more. It is not a big deal was simply curious.

Thought it would be cool to recognize people easier via avatar was all. Make the community a little more individualized.( Would that even be a good thing lol?)

Kryptix

09-20-2010

I really hope they end up putting in custom avatars. It's always weird when I look at my posts and it doesn't have my usual avatar pic.
Attachment 59397

MeanNoob

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptix View Post
I really hope they end up putting in custom avatars. It's always weird when I look at my posts and it doesn't have my usual avatar pic.
Attachment 59397
Is Shaco your main?