Is Evelynn a true Jungler

Yes 10 66.67%
No 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Jungle Evelynn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodySundae

09-07-2012

I have searched around and around for a post about Jungle Evelynn, to no avail. I have been playing with Evelynn as a Jungler for weeks now and I find she is GREAT!

But there is one downside -_-

"Evelynn is not a Jungler" - Stupid People who don't know how to play League of Legends.

I will hear this at least ONCE or something even TWICE a week (has gotten better now that I am in the level 20s+.) When I hear this I know we will lost. They don't even want me to try as Evelynn. They will not help with ganks, some of them even fed after the first successful "unsuccessful" gank.

Why are these people so darn ignorant? When I have a willing team I will normally go 20-3-XX. You fed me your whole team dies. That is just how it goes.

So my question to you, because these people are just inevitable, Do you think Evelynn is a true Jungler?

acosn

09-07-2012

Yes. She's not a top tier jungle because her ability to be played fully relies on certain picks in lanes (EG: she likes hard CC characters who deal damage) but she's still as apt at jungling as any upper tiered jungler.

crooked cook

09-08-2012

YAY Evelynn, one of my favorite champions by far. I jungle with her occasionally, but I tend not to since I avoid getting trinity force over Lich Bane (AP focused for me). I always get those players that hate on Eve and more so when I try to jungle. She's an elusive champion and it's always fun playing as her.

But anyways, I agree that you can definitely jungle with Eve. I've done it many times.

Zaurok

09-08-2012

Once you go AP mid Eve, you don't go back.

DoomScar

09-09-2012

She's the kind of Jungler that provides the damage in a gank. She would rely on Red Buff and allies' crowd control in order to pull off an ambush.

JRotund

09-10-2012

way back pre-remake eve was a true jungler. but people used to always complain when someone wanted to jungle eve, until everyone realized she facerolled.

now she still doesnt seem fit to be best in the jungle, but eve always had an advantage against solo queue or lower level opponents because they don't deal with stealth as well.

that said, now that stealth seems to be very underplayed, maybe she has an edge again. doubt it with her current kit, but if you can make it work, go for it.

acosn

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRotund View Post
way back pre-remake eve was a true jungler. but people used to always complain when someone wanted to jungle eve, until everyone realized she facerolled.

now she still doesnt seem fit to be best in the jungle, but eve always had an advantage against solo queue or lower level opponents because they don't deal with stealth as well.

that said, now that stealth seems to be very underplayed, maybe she has an edge again. doubt it with her current kit, but if you can make it work, go for it.
The only real problem with Evelynn in the jungle is that she demands certain characters in-lane to be viable.

Not that asking for characters like Riven and Jax in-lane is much of a punishment.

deathmage390

09-10-2012

ok listen up i play eve as much as i can and usualy jungle last match was 18/6/16 jungle mixed won game. im lvl 26 so not finished and dont even have a full rune page. 1 she cant snowball unless u ap mid eve. 2 needs help with blue to start. 3 if you dont get K/A u will die alot. 4 try and pick off the weaker/ pushed champs. 5 read all but #1 and u basicaly have almost all junglers. 6 i go ap tome 1 pot - sheen- boots of swiftness - hextec gunblade here is the tricky part when u have these look at who on other team is fed if its the tank or ADC AP with dfg voidstave and such if general go mixed (still dfg its good on her) if mixed finish trinity force then chose carefuly i sometimes go with a hp item for bit more sustain but any will work 7 use smite and exaust ss

Taoquitok

09-11-2012

Zaurok, how do you build her for ap mid? I'm guessing this route?
boots + pots
sheen + tier 2 boots (mobility/sorc)
Deathcap
Rylai's/lichbane/abyssal/WoA/hextech (dependant on team comp and how you're doing as to which of these/which first)

this is just a complete stab in the dark.. currently I've only played her jungle / lane+roaming from 4-6 onwards as an AD champ.

Nightdancer ND

09-11-2012

I dunno.

A jungler is something between a support and a top lane champion.
He should feed the lanes the kills and not taking them (or too many at last), but Eve is an assassin and so she needs kills. That is not the role of the classic jungler, but she can jungle good enough and her ganks are good (weak early and getting truly deadlier with each level).

So the answer depends on your personal understanding what a jungler's role truly is.