Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Can't beat jax

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlmightyFork

Member

09-09-2012

I play rengar alot, and jax wipes the floor with him. Hecarim, floor wiped. I dont have a lot of champs, and not looking to buy more. Instead looking for play style/items that might make him easier to beat instead of trying to rely on early ganks that are often poorly executed with randoms. Does no one understand a pinch? 2 man chases I feel only hurt my place up top.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Summerfest

Senior Member

09-09-2012

Jax is to TT as Jayce is to Dominion. Simply the best there is for the map. Ban or first pick every game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Only Bruisers

Recruiter

09-09-2012

if your playing a champ thats reliant on auto attacks to some extent, dont fight him while his dodge is up he likes that because it increase the damage the dodge will do (up to double the amount) keep in mind his dodge also reduces area of effect spells damage.

outside of that there's no much you can do if your not willing to play champs that counter pick him, you might be able to win a trade with him early game if you commit and have exhaust or ignite ready but after level 6 don't count on it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RQDoga

Member

09-09-2012

Quote:
Ceadeus:
if your playing a champ thats reliant on auto attacks to some extent, dont fight him while his dodge is up he likes that because it increase the damage the dodge will do (up to double the amount) keep in mind his dodge also reduces area of effect spells damage.

outside of that there's no much you can do if your not willing to play champs that counter pick him, you might be able to win a trade with him early game if you commit and have exhaust or ignite ready but after level 6 don't count on it

I have got to say, Rengar is OP. Last few matches with rengar I have been fighting, against jax, Jayce, teemo and such. I have won with rengar, it isn't hard it just takes proper ferocity control, proper judgement (Like for instance, if there is a jax that is building tanky, and an ashe that has yet to get to sufficient distance to be safe from you. You play it safe, don't go after the closer one, pop your ulti and go for the squishies.) and proper last hitting, average 3v3 game I end up with close to 200 creeps in 20 minutes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Only Bruisers

Recruiter

09-09-2012

Quote:
RQDoga:
I have got to say, Rengar is OP. Last few matches with rengar I have been fighting, against jax, Jayce, teemo and such. I have won with rengar, it isn't hard it just takes proper ferocity control, proper judgement (Like for instance, if there is a jax that is building tanky, and an ashe that has yet to get to sufficient distance to be safe from you. You play it safe, don't go after the closer one, pop your ulti and go for the squishies.) and proper last hitting, average 3v3 game I end up with close to 200 creeps in 20 minutes.

rengar is def good, ap or ad, and one thing to keep in mind is the average jax play is relatively easy to outplay simply because they're to predictable beaten jax's tops with ahri fiora leblanc gp, the list goes on, out of curiosity what do you prefer ap or ad reng?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RQDoga

Member

09-09-2012

Quote:
Ceadeus:
rengar is def good, ap or ad, and one thing to keep in mind is the average jax play is relatively easy to outplay simply because they're to predictable beaten jax's tops with ahri fiora leblanc gp, the list goes on, out of curiosity what do you prefer ap or ad reng?

AD all the way, all you have to do is use your e after he jumps on you. Get out of range of the stun and boom, now they have to rely on their ultimate. Rengar's w gives life AND defenses, so it is in truth better then Jax's active on his r. After that you can easily shut him down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

Senior Member

09-09-2012

Quote:
Summerfest:
Jax is to TT as Jayce is to Dominion. Simply the best there is for the map. Ban or first pick every game.


MY panth > Jax.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

Senior Member

09-09-2012

Try playing Pantheon, jax early game is so bad...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RQDoga

Member

09-09-2012

Quote:
Såm:
Try playing Pantheon, jax early game is so bad...

Thats why it is so easy to shut him down with rengar, if you play properly you can out damage him in a heartbeat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0toHero

Junior Member

09-11-2012

Always try to stay away from wasting abilities when he uses his E. It ends up dealing **** loads of damage, and you ultimately waste your abilities. Let him waste it and then hop in to finish the fight. Most Jax players are below average when it comes to efficiently using his E. Of the last 7-8 games vs Jax I've only seen one good player.


1