Morde is a tank!...nerd!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wankeroo

09-20-2010

I have seen some dps Mordes totally rip teams apart. If a team is smart though, they will stun this morde and then he loses his shield and dies very quickly. If they can't stun him he will destory them as his shield will constantly get replenished. When a dps-morde gets a pet with attack speed ... WOW insanity.

Hetoquis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

when i do get warmog's i get it for the hp regen that also is given with FoN....it's insane and I never have to recall when I do really well...ofc there's a bit of a risk to this too

Mippoose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-20-2010

Pen boots + fon + omen feel mandatory on him.

I don't understand why you would build him straight AP. The only two AP items I can really see on him are abyssal scepter, or void staff. Maybe rylais.

And the idea that you can ignore morde seems absurd to me. His ultimate doesn't allow him to be ignored. You focus their carry first, turn him into your pet, and all of a sudden you need to be able to soak damage while your pet gets you a quad kill.

How can you ignore your own ashe turned ghostie?

Ozy

09-20-2010

Magic Pen + CDR = Morde's DPS build.

AP ratios are horrendous so don't even go that route. Only AP item worth getting is either Void/Abyssal or Rylai's for the slow. That doesn't mean you disregard tank items. Even with your passive, a decent CC string and a bit of FF will cause you to blow up rather quickly.

Etteril

09-20-2010

Morde can tank well, to a point. Below a certain Elo EVERY huge beefy champion who runs in first has a built in taunt. It's called "OMG, a huge guy just ran at us, everyone attack him and ignore the squishies because they're a little farther away!"

Hetoquis

09-20-2010

Also remember, ap and hp boosts Morde's ult

Schokcha

09-20-2010

Very few champions in this game have anything that would really force you to target them over a squishy glass cannon. The key in most cases is positioning. With proper positioning, Morde can be a tank. He certainly is a threat with his constant medium damage output (most of it AoE).

There are seperate categories for initiation and cc: Initiator and disrupter. You can be a tank while being neither of these, it's just harder and not as effective.

Kyran

09-20-2010

Yeah, simple 'Vlad syndrome'. If you pick HP, you do no damage. If you pick damage, you don't have as much ability to tank. Hybrid spreads you too thin.

C00LST0RYBR0

09-20-2010

It surprises me that people still don't get this. Morde isnt a tank, and Garen isn't a tank. What they have is a larger benefit from going survivability instead of something else, but they aren't tanks. They might be tanky, yes.

A tank has the ability to initiate a fight... which means a stun or a taunt. Prime examples are Shen, Alistar, Rammus, Amumu. This is what makes them a tank. Now in addition a good tank brings the ability to make himself a high value target, or in other words, it's not going to end well if you ignore him. Amumu despair and ultimate, Shen taunt, Rammus ulti. Now some tanks lank this capability but are good initators, so they still fulfill the primary objective.

Morde has neither of these skills, which makes him whatever you wanna call him, but definitly not a tank. He can't initiate, and there is no reason to focus him (especially late game) ever. He does very little damage and scales horrible with both AD and AP.

Nasus for example does draw alot of attention with his ultimate, and you can't ignore him, or he'll takes your team apart. However he can't initate very well (only has a slow). That's why he is called an Off-tank, rather then an "main" tank, due to his lack of initiation.

Toros

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schokcha View Post
Very few champions in this game have anything that would really force you to target them over a squishy glass cannon. The key in most cases is positioning. With proper positioning, Morde can be a tank. He certainly is a threat with his constant medium damage output (most of it AoE).

There are seperate categories for initiation and cc: Initiator and disrupter. You can be a tank while being neither of these, it's just harder and not as effective.
CC forces you to target them over a squishy glass cannon, because you can't kill the squishy while the tank is there.

Well, that used to be how it worked.

Either way, morde is no more of a tank than mundo is.

No, positioning doesn't matter, just run around them and destroy the squishies.

p.s. good luck finding anyone squishy who isn't kog'maw or ezreal.