Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, why is Ocelote a part of your "Streamer Portal"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Encircle

09-09-2012

"It helps that some of the most entertaining and passionate League of Legends players like Scarra, Ocelote and Guardsman Bob, stream and teach by example while showing off strats or just having some random good times. With many players being exposed to League of Legends streaming for the first time, as well as a growing community of players acting as paragons of the Summoner’s Code, the need for a dedicated place to showcase these players’ efforts is greater than ever."

I don't remember him ever being a role model whatsoever.

http://i.imgur.com/ACggm.jpg

Encircle

09-09-2012

Shameless self bump.

Bananoid

09-09-2012

Junior member knows his stuff.

Other than Ocelote, no pro player ever trolls, rages or is just a negative influence in their team.

Ravun

09-09-2012

Quote:
Bananoid:

Other than Ocelote, no pro player ever trolls, rages or is just a negative influence in their team.

So because someone else did it that makes it ok? Should be setting an example not acting like a high school kid. Pretty simple really.

A Nydus Worm

09-09-2012

Quote:
Bananoid:

reread the op's quote. Hes not saying that there are not other pro players who are bad infulences hes saying people like ocelote should not be thrown in with good mannered players like gaurdsman bob and scarra.

Encircle

09-09-2012

Quote:
rtscapitan:
reread the op's quote. Hes not saying that there are not other pro players who are bad infulences hes saying people like ocelote should not be thrown in with good mannered players like gaurdsman bob and scarra.

This.

Xyltin

09-09-2012

Quote:
Encircle:
"It helps that some of the most entertaining and passionate League of Legends players like Scarra, Ocelote and Guardsman Bob, stream and teach by example while showing off strats or just having some random good times. With many players being exposed to League of Legends streaming for the first time, as well as a growing community of players acting as paragons of the Summoner’s Code, the need for a dedicated place to showcase these players’ efforts is greater than ever."

I don't remember him ever being a role model whatsoever.

http://i.imgur.com/ACggm.jpg (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FACggm.jpg)

How often does he do it?
How many people watch his stream and like his explanations of how to play a champ and why he does things?

Doing it only once every 10 games makes him better than 50% of the community.

Ocelote is a great streamer, but also only a human.

And how old is this pic? 6+ months or even over 1 year?

Kàzzron

09-09-2012

Quote:
Xyltin:
How often does he do it?
How many people watch his stream and like his explanations of how to play a champ and why he does things?

Doing it only once every 10 games makes him better than 50% of the community.

Ocelote is a great streamer, but also only a human.

the fact that he is a streamer makes it 10x worse then me raging at anyone. People look up to him and think this is acceptable behavior when its not.

IS107ac16cf7f6a7bfe2736

09-09-2012

Wow you put a picture thats like what a 1 year+old ?If you watched Ocelote anywhere in past 6 months you would know why he is awesome streamer,cool chill guy that always tries to explain whats he/his team/enemy team doing and teach people more about the game.I loved his duo with OddOne few days ago.

Cytox

09-09-2012

I would punish him for that