Defense?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarlSagansCosmos

11-15-2009

Just curious as to what kind of defense I should get vs. these

Twitch Ulti: This does alot of damage, and have seen it take out multiple tanks at full health. Is his ulti magic or physical so to help defend against it.

Evelynn: Saw an AP build on her and she was pretty much killing anyone she wanted. Would physical armor or magic resist help against these.

On a more broad question, is there a way to tell the difference between magic damage and physical damage? Such as Soraka's and Janna's normal attack?

EnygmaSoul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2009

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I've understood it is that:

Physical Damage - damage from autoattacks. Characters with high/dangerous physical damage include Ashe, Tristana, Master Yi, and Jax.

Magical Damage - Damage from spells and abilities. In addition to obvious casters like Veigar or Ryze, other less expected sources may include tanks like Amumu or assassins like Evelynn.

Which should answer your question about Eve, who relies mostly on her skills for damage (though she CAN be built for physical, it is considered less optimal)

I'm not sure about Twitch's ult, though. Since the skill only really modifies his basic attack, I'm not certain if it would be considered magical or not.

TKana

11-16-2009

Evelyn: Depends; a Lichbane Eve gets most of her damage for Lichbane (physical damage as it increases your next normal attack) after using a ravage (magical damage). Damage wise, Eve is a true hybrid. Stack both types of armor against her is the only effective way.

Twitch: Spray and Pray is physical damage, the bang (expunge i think its called) is magical. Havent seen an AP Twitch ever though, dont worry about the magical part. Your best defense from S&P is walking around. He shoots in lines, making him miss atleast half his attacks. An recently unstealthed/S&P-ing Twitched cant be outdamaged, hes got a massive attack speed (180% from these abilities alone). Dont try, avoid it.

Quote:
Physical Damage - damage from autoattacks. Characters with high/dangerous physical damage include Ashe, Tristana, Master Yi, and Jax.

Magical Damage - Damage from spells and abilities. In addition to obvious casters like Veigar or Ryze, other less expected sources may include tanks like Amumu or assassins like Evelynn.
For most of the part, this is correct. There are a few exceptions like Pirate's Parley (physical damage) or Corki's Passive (magical damage). All these abilities clearly state it though.

My tips for tanks fight Eve or Twitch: Armor and dodge mitigate most of thier damage (Eve will remain to her her initial spike because of ravage, which is magical). Oracle Potions or wards work better though. If you jump on them before they jump on you, theyre useless.

GNOY

11-16-2009

As far as I know the splash dmg from Tiamat isnt reduced with armor. Correct me if I wrong anyway. So, if Twitch uses Tiamats - there is little you can do besides killing him before he kills you.

Eve - her physical attacks rely on Lychbane effect which add bonus dmg equal to her AP to next attack after using ability (this has 3 sec CD). I would say - getting MR and Oracle potion will make her useless.

keftes

Recruiter

11-16-2009

When twitch turns his ulti on just run around him in cirlces and laugh at him.Never run from him on a straight path.

Akaris

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
When twitch turns his ulti on just run around him in cirlces and laugh at him.Never run from him on a straight path.
Absolutely true. Drives me crazy since I play him a good amount. When he uses spray and pray he has a really slow turn speed. So if you move perpendicular to him (or around), the shots will trail you and you'll take very little damage. When I see someone do this, I often just switch targets or "reset" the position by moving and then re-attacking. By then the duration is mostly gone, though. As a defense, moving is very effective against spray and pray.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2009

Just FYI, but Aegis of the Legion is probably the best defensive item available atm.
Pretty cheap for what it offers.