Expensive champs.... NOT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devil May LOL

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobel View Post
Because Riot isn't following their own proposed pricing scheme.
because people can price their property however they want.

You don't have to buy it.

Sacklunch

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkHobo15 View Post
Work an extra hour this week. Problem solved.
So the arguement changes from "Stop crying, it's free!" to "Work more, it's not free!" just so you can be right?

MaSsan

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkHobo15 View Post
Work an extra hour this week. Problem solved.
extra hour?

hmmm...

Kinofthestars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

So, how much is your time worth to you mate? Anything you have to work for isn't free.

Hansenight

09-20-2010

idk some of the best champs dont cost that much so idc. ie ashe(450), trist(1350), annie(1350), AMUMU(1350)<-----

i could care less how much a champ costs. if i really want them super badly and i dont feel like grinding i can always buy riot points.

Xquisite

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinofthestars View Post
So, how much is your time worth to you mate? Anything you have to work for isn't free.
I cut some old mans small yard for $200 normally i get paid about $20 for a yard that size.

I consider that free.

Supan00b

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTwister View Post
Why do people always qq so much over the amount of IP it takes to obtain a champ? The last tme I checked, IP was FREE! You're not BUYING anything. You are Unlocking something new. A lot of games use this mechanic. You play more, you unlock more. That's it.

They could always make the champs cost something like they do skins. How about 450 RP for your favorite champ? If you don't want to pay RP for your champs, then shut up about the amount of IP it takes to UNLOCK a champ.
If you need to get the champ, you most likely don't have him or played him very little during free week. Which means it's unlikely you can consider him your favorite champ. You probably rarely need to buy your favorite champion. Just throwing that out there.

Simonton

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinofthestars View Post
if you consider playing the game "work" you probably aren't that interested in it.

look at it this way. riot offers you two paths to accrue champions. one is for people who have jobs/lives/other ****. you pay for them just like any other game's content DLC. the other is for people who may not be burdened with said lives/jobs/other ****. most of us are probably somewhere in between. it all comes down to your priorites, if you want to get all your champs quick then pony up and pay for them. if not, thats fine but please stop complaining about the amount of time it takes you to get something for free. because it is free. Riot is not having you scrub toilets/ write code / take orders/ what have you to get these champions, all you do is play a game you (most likely) already enjoy.

Nyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Ive spent 10$ on this game, have 2 full rune pages of tier 3 runes, and have around... 6 characters bought total (only 1 of them being as low as 450). Oh, and I have roughly 400 games played. Im fine with the current system. It may take a while, but I dont NEED Kassadin right now. Im fine playing the heroes Ive bought and the heroes that are on free rotation every week.

RedSatyr

09-20-2010

Time is money is a figure of speech... I wouldn't apply it to a video game. When you are playing for free and earning points to unlock things, they might as well be giving you real money since you could alternatively buy those things via Riot points. So, yeah... people complain about getting things for free. Have you ever been to Philadelphia? The audience at some sporting event booed every performer off stage, and they were big performers (like Bono or Janet Jackson). I'm not surprised people aren't more appreciative.