Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: Fiora?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maleficus

09-18-2012

tfw...

Maleficus

09-18-2012

Fiora: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaAzRm5MfY8

Lusex

09-18-2012

Quote:
Maleficus:

Her W, it shouldn't proc off of cannon minions, that is stupid. fix it please.

Pantheon shield blocks a cannon minion.
You can get 2 shields blocked by it instead of the champion you want to fight, causing you to lose the fight if you do it wrong.

Maleficus

09-19-2012

Morning minions

Chaumont

09-19-2012

Wow. Where to start? I would have to say that the reason people think Fiora is trash tier, is because 99% of the people that play LoL have absolutely no creativity and no tolerance for innovation. How much of how you play is actually your idea, and how much is what you learned by watching videos, reading guides, and generally copying the way people smarter than you play? The reason why the top 1% are the top 1% is because they have the ability to analyze the skills of champions and can formulate creative ways of using those skills to their best possible advantage. Who's tutorials did they watch? Who's guides did they read? They analyze other players, but they don't imitate or emulate.

I love this game. I LOVE this game. I've played a lot of online games, but I've never seen such a player base with such a high percentage of immature, whining, crybaby losers than on LoL. Hardly anyone is capable of thinking outside the box, and because of that, people that have genuinely good ideas get harassed constantly by narrow minded fools that condescend to their own team. The team, you know? -The people you are supposed to cooperate with in order the win the game. Leaving queues because someone picks a champion that doesn't fit into your LoL bible? Please. Go back to kindergarten and stand in the corner. Your mind still needs time to develop.

Maybe the wrong thread to say all that, but back to Fiora:

Her W isn't very good, but it has it's use. It's a one point wonder, put 1 point in it at lvl 2 for the 15 ad and a way to block the occasional auto attack early game. Max lunge first, then burst of speed. And most importantly, go mid. That is if you have a team that's willing to let you. They will think you are retarded; persevere. Once you get first blood and shut down the cookie cutter caster you will most likely be paired against, your team will change their tune. Her passive is terrible, but her Q, E, and Ulti are incredible when used properly. She devours casters and carries. She's not a bruiser so get that idea out of your head. She's greatly underrated because most people don't know how to use her properly.

Didn't mean to sound so cynical in this post, but I really do get tired of players crying ALL THE TIME. It's a great game, enjoy it and have fun.

Maleficus

09-20-2012

I'm dying of some sort of vicious cold, but I dragged myself out of bed to bump this thread.

Timid Gengar

09-20-2012

Quote:
Maleficus:
Hi, me again, one of like 13 people who play Fiora.

Her W, it shouldn't proc off of cannon minions, that is stupid. fix it please.

Why did you change her lore? "Fiora’s ego would be insufferable if it wasn’t so . . . justified" >

"I came here seeking a challenge - is this the best these fools can offer me?" although it is hilarious since she is trash tier.

she has lots of problem, but the most infuriating is her W. If this is ever fixed maybe i'll have enough hope to expound upon said problems.

Pantheons Passive should'nt be proc'd off cannon minions either if we're playing at that

Maleficus

09-20-2012

busy playing torchlight 2, but i haven't forgotten you fiora.

67chrome

09-20-2012

I'd be happier if it blocked on-hit effects than ignored cannon minions. Cannon minions can still hurt, and you only have to put up with them every 3 waves. Blocking on-hit effects would be amazing, I can't really see the reason she can't ATM. My hunch is it had something to do with balance, but she's easy enough to shut down as is. Especially considering Blind and Exhaust will often CC her long enough to make her completely worthless and dead with how auto-attack reliant she is, and how her Ultimate is on-hit.

It's annoying when you parry a Phange/Triforce hit and get slowed, parry a Gold Card and get stunned, parry an Ashe arrow and get slowed, parry a Nautilus attack and get rooted, parry a teemo shot and get poisoned, parry a Black Cleaver and get reduced armor etc. Sort of takes away a lot of the counter-play from the skill and makes it feel pretty worthless. It's almost pointless to attempt timing it correctly, the only good thing it can block is critical strike damage, which is random. That said, 35 free AD is enough to merit investing a lot of points in the skill and is one of the better steroids.

As far as AD champions go most of the ones that are considered stronger than her are considered such for their utility, with a heavy reliance on auto-attacks life steal benefits Fiora a lot more than the "AD casters", and with higher base damage and faster attack speed she easily wins 1 vs. 1 against several of them, provided she can outlast their CC. Which she can in Xin Zhao's case pretty reliably. Jax is a different story, but he can counter pretty much every single AD champion when played at the same level.

If her lunge applied a slow that would be amazing as well. As it currently stands it feels like you need to build everything on Fiora save AP, which is kind of annoying. She has horrid cooldown times so Youmuu's is more or less a requirement for her starting item, she has no slows so if her opponent has any CC at all she can't chase them no matter how much faster she can move (even with a double-cast gap closer she is easily kite-able), which makes picking up Phange and Zeal is almost necessary. She has no sustain (outside of her passive which I'm fairly certain at least some champions' base regeneration surpasses) so you need life steal. She requires so many items to be able to compete with enemy champions it's a little disheartening, and a variety of popular picks now shut her down with relative ease.

Overall I think she's a pretty cool champion though, I mostly play her in Dominion because I don't have to put up with the farm for 20 minutes shtick she isn't fantastic at in lane or in the jungle. Blade Waltz is pretty solid at finishing off point defenders as well. She obviously has problems with the cheesemode champions in Dominion, but she's not garbage tier there by any stretch and is easily better than half the roster.

Maleficus

09-21-2012

approaching double digits boys