Always blame yourself first, so what can I do more

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jojo3NNN

01-21-2014

Well fellow summoners, after a long dry spell I have returned after a break during the 2013 season. I have played for a long time since beta and now I am back. I seem to be losing alot and I need help finding out why and I feel the whole "my teams always suck" thing is immature and is finger pointing. My games usually go like this 6 minutes in I usually have 0 0 1 (assist from gank) and am harrasing the middle lane well as malzahar. Getting cs all that. Then both the guys bottom die. Not exactly morale raising but top is doing good and even though our jungle udyr has died more times then I would I am doing good. By 12 minutes in I am around 2 1 4 and I have started to help bottom with ganking. I take a recall back on cause of low health and mana they all die. I bet you know how the game goes from here. Fed lucian etc. I end the game at 3 4 6. Was I not involved enough with bottom lane? Mid lane was a little behind me the whole game even though she (Syndra) said I did "half terrible". Top was pretty desolate with both getting the same number of kills on each other, should I have gone up there? I would appreciate any advice as my games generally follow this pattern and I wish to improve.

Press R get ELO

01-21-2014

After taking a quick look at your match history, it seems you are CSing poorly. In your last three matches as Malzahar you had:

147 CS in a 37 minute game
146 CS in a 42 minute game
88 CS in a 28 minute game

The rule of thumb is you want to have 100 CS every ten minutes. Even taking into account the time you would spend roaming and getting kills, you should have AT LEAST 250 CS by the 30 minute mark. In your last three games, the few kills you got here and there are made completely ineffectual by your frequent deaths (between four to six deaths per game). Before you worry about how much bot lane is feeding you need to focus on YOUR game. Only when you start losing 30-minute games with zero deaths and 300 CS can you talk smack about your teammates doing poorly.

Akromah

01-21-2014

**** honestly I don't even usually hit 250 cs @ 30 minutes if I'm honest. You should def prioritize CS but there are definitely way bigger things at play. Each time you die you should think about what you gained from it and how you could have avoided it.

Mcbooze

01-21-2014

lol 250 at 30 mins is pretty hard. but barely reaching 100 at 30 is bad.

i'm generally getting like 60-70 CS every 10 minutes. so my CS looks like 70/140/210/280 by the 10/20/30/40 min marker. sometimes less, sometimes more.

but your malz game needs work. you are running a very poor item build for a champ like that, so it's not surprising that you aren't all that strong enough to carry a game. malz is also one of the stronger lane pushing champs b/c he can melt a wave and his voidlings are excellent tower damage. which you likely aren't taking advantage of.

you probably aren't using your E very well either, b/c that is what gives you lane control. once you reach like lvl 8-10, you can E a minion, Q the front of the wave, W the back, and the whole thing will wipe instantly. and malzahar gains mana back on every minion that dies to E too btw, which is a core mechanic for his in lane sustain.

Nyar

01-22-2014

100@10 is 'perfect' cs; it's possible to go higher but that's about how many the lane will have dispensed to you by that point. The key thing to know is that it's pointless to worry about this goal other than for practicing purposes.

300@30 is actually pretty easy if all you care about is CS. Some pro players win their matches like this. Farming all the lanes plus the entire jungle while your team fights is a valid option but not recommended in bronze+silver+gold because your team will forget that you're missing and charge into a 4v5 all-in against a completely grouped enemy force. You'll be carrying all the gold for your team, so even if one of them could self-replicate for a 5v5 fight they would still be too weak.

If a non-support still has under 100 minion kills at the 30 minute mark then it goes without saying that they could have increased their impact on the game simply by getting more last hits. To practice this: open a password-protected custom game, play 1v1 against Sivir bot, and try to get as much CS as possible by 10 minutes in the bottom lane while constantly keeping the bot at half health but never killing.

Trrees

01-22-2014

It's hard to get 250 CS at 30 minutes, especially in Bronze/Silver games, maybe even up. Fights simply break out too much and if you're getting 250 CS, it just tells me that:
1. You're not helping out on teamfights
2. You're not helping other lanes, which you point out aren't doing too well

Yes CS is important, but establishing lane control and helping other lanes are extremely important in Bronze/Silver. Should at least shoot for 150-200 by 25 minutes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MOST IMPORTANT

I'm surprised no one pointed out your rune page. WORK ON IT. Your rune page is all over the place:
Quints: Cooldown Reduction runes aren't going to help. Get Flat AP Quints.
Marks: Magic Resist? Get Magic Penetration.
Seals: Yes Armor, keep them.
Glyphs: Scaling Magic Resist are W/E.

Work on your Masteries too....for your Malz page, 9/0/21 aren't going to help your damage production and your points in utility are all over the place.

Hiryuu16

01-22-2014

Yes, the runes and masteries need serious help. You start your lane some 600g behind in stats, so every game is a climb from behind. Here are some good starting Rune pages, in order of importance. They're not quite optimal in favor of cost, but work well on a wide variety of champions. Go with flat runes, rather than per-level, for a strong early advantage.

AD: AD red, Armor yellow, MR blue, AD quint
AP: Magic Pen red, Armor yellow, MR blue, AP quint
Jungle: Attack Speed red, Armor yellow, MR blue, Movement Speed quint
ADC: AD red, Armor yellow, MR/level blue, Lifesteal quint

Your CS is low, but you don't invest your income well, anyway. On Malz, you stack a ton of Magic Pen and CDR, with minimal AP to back it up. That might be worthwhile against Veigar, but mostly you will want a Deathcap or Hourglass (or both) on a mage in every game.

Likewise, Taric scales well with armor and decently with health, but you built very little of either.