Why is it so hard to win in bronze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asifion

12-22-2013

I might be matched up with afkers or trolls (well sometimes) but i still lose. I don't even do that bad. (ex. i went 9/9/20 as annie, for the ppl who will say oh i rather get 0/0/20 rather then 20/0/0) I call what to do (ex. We aced them they wont spawn until another 60 secs, let get down some turrets) but they don't listen to what. I want answers to the title (plz dont say oh u are supposed to carry urself out of bronze, how are u supposed to carry a team game when ppl dont listen to u even after u gank them and get them fed.) And, other then just why is it so hard to get out of bronze, also I want some pointers on how to get out of bronze.

Akromah

12-22-2013

It should be the easiest to get out of bronze and the easiest to win in bronze. That's why it's bronze. I know this doesn't help you but I'm just pointing out the irony.

KDR doesn't mean ****. I've carried while going 3-10. It's hard to say what you're doing wrong without seeing you play.

iWolv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2013

The common issue that I've noticed with players bronze is the mentality they approach the game with.

In bronze and low silver - you play the game to carry and win (aggressive).
In the higher divisions - you play the game to NOT (passive)

What tends to happen with the lower divisions, especially in bronze, is that some players have a preconceived notion on how to play the game from watching high elo streams and LCS. Although you can learn a lot from streams and LCS, it is important to remember that adopting these play styles may not directly translate to success into the lower divisions.

Guyron

12-23-2013

You wont be able to carry all of your games in bronze unless you are significantly better than the people in bronze. From my experiences there if you want people to listen to you, you have to have an amazing score with a lot of kills. You could also try telling your team that if we don't do this right now we are going to lose the game.
Also try to snowball your lane advantage to every other lane to make the game so easy that your team can't throw.

jmkilthau

12-23-2013

I can totally sympathize with the whole, Ace the other team and then no one pushes bit... There have been a few games lately where we should/could have won if we had just pushed after an Ace. But everyone goes back to farming instead. Doesn't really make sense. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to be in bronze because when I am in my A game I play REALLY well. And then I play some games and think to myself.. WTH am I doing? And that is why I am still here... Sadly. Moving up slowly, making less and less mistakes, and maybe even getting some people to Queue with will help get out of Bronze.

Alegro

12-23-2013

The thing Ive been noticing with the bronze players in my normal games is that they dont use the advantage when they have it. They go and farm the jungle instead of pushing the lane. They recall after winning a big team fight instead of pushing a tower.

I may be bronze material myself (doing placements now) but I can see wasted advantages.

Nyar

12-23-2013

Quote:
Hard time winning in bronze
You need more CS - it's really that simple. Play beginner bots, or even custom, and then try to get 80 then 90 then 100 cs in 10 minutes as practice. Then try to keep up with 80 before 10 in blind pick pvp, and once you become comfortable take it back into ranked.

Some LCS games have been won by the team with far fewer kills - due to CS.

Benefits of good minion last-hitting:

-More gold, obviously.
-The more skilled you are, the less concentration it takes from you so you can fight at the same time.
-If you're playing mid, this will restore your mana via doran's ring so you can stay in lane.
-If playing adc, this allows you to push the lane when you want it to be pushed so you can recall safely.
-If playing top, you can work up a rhythm for farming with your tower and just stay there all day long for near-perfect safety.
-Even supports can benefit from last-hitting skills, like being able to work targon's brace charges without being melee.

So go practice last-hitting, and watch all your ranked games improve.

Euphoria Rev

12-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinto View Post
You need more CS - it's really that simple. Play beginner bots, or even custom, and then try to get 80 then 90 then 100 cs in 10 minutes as practice. Then try to keep up with 80 before 10 in blind pick pvp, and once you become comfortable take it back into ranked.

Some LCS games have been won by the team with far fewer kills - due to CS.

CS I important, but some people main support, and some people play games where they are nothing but a champ denied farm by a straight counter. You cannot judge someone by their stats as good as you can judge someone by actually watching them play a game, and sometimes people don't have amazing stats because of trolls and leavers in games.

I know this, because this has been my biggest struggle since I've started playing ranked myself. I do my best to CS but someone is just really good at denying me farm or something, it's been everything from having my lane camped to having a support that plays aggressive when I have a ADC with a terrible early game (my most recent Match as Kog'Maw was mostly my fault for not muting the guys and just CSing, but I couldn't do anything in lane without my support trying to engage without me and then dying and letting me get stunned-> whacked by Ashe and Leona)

Myself I've wondered why I even play ranked anymore because it seems to be a record of which team had a troll and which times I didn't mute somebody, or somebody left. I feel very satisfied when I lose and my team did their best, but I don't feel satisfied much in ranked because my team DIDNT do their best.

I completely sympathize with the OP and hope the advice on this thread helps all of us stuck in the imaginary ELO hell.

Nyar

12-23-2013

Quote:
CS I important, but some people main support, and some people play games where they are nothing but a champ denied farm by a straight counter. You cannot judge someone by their stats as good as you can judge someone by actually watching them play a game, and sometimes people don't have amazing stats because of trolls and leavers in games.
Climbing the ranks generally means winning the games which can be won, naturally some just can't unless you had the skill of a pro player. But when a game could have been won yet wasn't, one of the simplest ways to have made the decisive difference would have been to get more minion kills.

People will usually blame their teammates for 'throwing,' but there's always something one could have done personally to have made a bigger impact in the game. That would be getting more gold, which comes most easily from minions.

Nyar

12-23-2013

Another way to put what I'd say to OP...

If you want to beat bronze then you need to carry, and if you want to carry then you need to farm very well.