Looking for Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raijha

Recruiter

09-08-2012

Hi everyone. I've been playing League of Legends for a couple months now, and I'm coming up on level 30. I'm fairly decent, and usually at least manage to do fairly well, although I would definitely not consider myself pro, yet.

I do however want to get better and play ranked, especially for season 3. For that reason, I'm looking for some advice from some veteran or even just long time league players, pro or not.

Basically, I know you need to actually own 16 champions to play ranked, and that you need to have a good understanding of all the roles and some good champions that can counter well. I've made up a list of champions, if they are AP or AD, and what roles they can play, (so far as I'm aware) and this is what I would like to enter ranked with. What I need is advice on if this looks like a good pool of champions to have. I've seen or played with all of these champs before, and I feel I would certainly enjoy playing any of these champs in these roles, so its really a list I want to start with. I just want to know if its even somewhat viable, or a bunch of easily countered picks that won't be any use. I put some time into trying to find a mix of AP/AD and champs of different types for every role or that can do multi roles, so its not just a list of my fave champs, but one I hope will be ok.

Any tips, changes or advice anyone can give me on this list would be GREATLY appreciated, either in this thread or in PM, and if you want to add me to give me some pointers or just play a few games, I'm always looking for new friends.

List Here:

League of Legends

Ahri: Mid (AP) UNLOCKED

Alistar: Jungle/Support Tank/ADC (AD) UNLOCKED

Amumu: Jungle/Support Tank (AP) UNLOCKED

Morgana: Mid (AP) UNLOCKED

Soraka: Support (AP) UNLOCKED

Teemo: Mid/Support/Solo Top (AP) UNLOCKED

Tristana: ADC (AD) UNLOCKED

Corki: ADC 3150

Taric: Support Tank (AP) 1350

Lulu: Support (AP) 6300

Kennen: Mid/ADC/Top (AP/AD) 4800

Rumble: Solo Top (AP) 4800

Gangplank: Solo Top/Jungle (AD) 3150

Warwick: Jungle/Solo Top (AD) 1350

Volibear: Top/Jungle/Support Tank (AD) 6300

Katarina: Mid/Top (AP) 3150

TOTAL IP TO UNLOCK ALL CHAMPS = 29,550

Thanks all for looking and for consideration in responses! Also a quick point out that Ahri is my main, and my fave lane is Mid by far. Sorry for long post!

-Raijha

iDpark

09-10-2012

You need more champions.

2 Reasons.

1. People want you to pick a certain champ for them, and having more champs makes it possible.

2. If you buy a champ, it's highly likely for you to play that champ, and while not pro at it, you know their skills, cc and playstyle and even range.

I would recommend that you buy EVERY champ in the 450ip, 1350ip, and 3150 ip categories.
Additionally, having the more popular adc in the 6300 ip range won't hurt either, such as Graves and Ezreal.

Have at least 2 rune pages, one for ap and one for ad.
you can use the same runes for both. Just have different marks.

My pages.
MS quints.
Flat AD or Magic pen marks
Flat armor seals
Scaling MR glyphs

I find in solo Queue, for ME, I do best with champs that have cc.
1. Useful even if behind.
2. Easier to start fights when you want to.
3. Shutting down fed carries on other team.

Jesot

09-10-2012

It looks mostly fine. I would pick up Ezreal and Graves in case you are first or second pick. You play mid and that is easy to counter. If you can pick the adc or support for someone else, your team will have an advantage. Corki, Ez, Graves, Vayne, and Kog are the main 5 carries.

The only other thing is you need more mid champs. Morgana is always banned and Ahri is a common pick. If you play mid a lot, you need a few more mid champs.

Lord Puppy Fury

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijha View Post
List Here:

League of Legends

Ahri: Mid (AP) UNLOCKED

Alistar: Jungle/Support Tank/ADC (AD) UNLOCKED Often banned. He's good to have, but you can't rely on being able to play him. Also, not an ADC.

Amumu: Jungle/Support Tank (AP) UNLOCKED Sometimes banned if people don't want to deal with his ult.

Morgana: Mid (AP) UNLOCKED Often banned. She's good to have, but you can't rely on being able to play her.

Soraka: Support (AP) UNLOCKED Sometimes banned, especially if the enemy team wants to use Karthus.

Teemo: Mid/Support/Solo Top (AP) UNLOCKED

Tristana: ADC (AD) UNLOCKED

Corki: ADC 3150

Taric: Support Tank (AP) 1350

Lulu: Support (AP) 6300

Kennen: Mid/ADC/Top (AP/AD) 4800 Can technically be built ADC but isn't really.

Rumble: Solo Top (AP) 4800

Gangplank: Solo Top/Jungle (AD) 3150

Warwick: Jungle/Solo Top (AD) 1350

Volibear: Top/Jungle/Support Tank (AD) 6300

Katarina: Mid/Top (AP) 3150

TOTAL IP TO UNLOCK ALL CHAMPS = 29,550

-Raijha
I'd recommend at least one more ADC. Graves, Ezreal, and Corki are considered the holy trinity, but Ashe is a solid choice too.

If you can play her, I'd recommend getting Janna too. She's considered a top tier support along with Soraka because of her global passive.