Other champions like these?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MOSLAIN

09-08-2012

Recently I have been having a problem deciding what new champion I want to learn.

I find that I am most consistent with Cho'Gath. In the few times I used Morgana, I was also fairly consistent.

I am a defensive player who hates dying and would rather harass from a distance and then go in for the kill/have my team mate finish them off. I also like bulkier champions, not squishy ones.

My defensive/support play style generally shows as I usually have few kills, few deaths, and tons of assists.

You see, I created this thread because I am trying to find out what my preference is...I honesty have no idea. I don't want to waste IP on a champion that I may not like...for instance I did this with Rammus. I tried him and I suck with him so bad.

Like what is in common with Cho'Gath and Morgana and also fits the criteria I listed? I am still pretty new to this game (only level 14), so I am not a high ELO player or something.

Thanks.

t3hep1cf47m4n

09-08-2012

they are tanky AP characters, others like that are:

swain
rumble
amumu
leona
sejuani
mordekaiser
volibear
nunu

AlmightyFork

09-08-2012

they have ranged harass as well

Quazifuji

09-08-2012

I was a fan of Morganna and Cho'gath early on, and has similar preferences to you (I like harassing from far away rather than going straight in for the burst and kill). None of the characters I play like that are particularly tanky, but I can still list some I've enjoyed for similar reasons in case you end up being interested in them.

Orianna's my personal favortite. She's got a huge range and is very safe, since most of her damage comes from her ball instead of her. When laning you can harass really well, and you can leave your ball floating ominously near your opponent threatening to attack them if they get close while you stand back and farm (her autoattack also does more damage than most mages due to her passive so she can harass well with that too). In teamfights you can attach your ball to a tankier teammate and provied good damage and utility from a pretty big distance. She's squishy and tricky to use, though (but she does have a shield and a combined speed boost/slow to help make up for the squishiness).

Lux is pretty similar to Morganna and free right now, so I'd try her too, although she's also fairly squishy and extremely skillshot-dependent (literally every ability she has is a skillshot, even her shield).

You could also try Caitlyn or Ezreal if you wanted to give ADCs a shot (Caitlyn's free right now). Caitlyn's got the longest base autoattack range in the game, and also a long range skillshot that's good for early harass, traps that are nice for zoning, a good escape, and a long-range ult that's good for killing fleeing enemies. Her damage falls off late-game relative to other ADCs though. Ezreal is very skill-shot dependent, but his abilities are great for harassing from a distance if you can land with them, and unlike Caitlyn his damage holds up throughout the game and he's considered one of the top-tier AD carries right now. He's also got a global ult (infinite range skillshot, similar to Ashe's arrow, except it pierces but doesn't stun), which is always fun.

MOSLAIN

09-09-2012

Thanks for the responses.

I just tried Lux and she is pretty much what I want except that the fact that she is squishy. However, because I am defensive and I prefer to stay back, I don't die anyway.

I just had a game with her and went 13/3/19. Thanks man.

Now to try other suggestions. I think I am mostly into AP ranged champs.

TeknoWizard

09-09-2012

I suppose Xerath or Ziggs might fit your playstyle. Neither of them are exactly the "best" AP champions, they both have rather long range poke. Xerath is more bursty than Ziggs.

YerrowManatee

09-09-2012

Tanky AP champions fall into two categories in the current meta-game:
- Top lane tanky AP
- Mid lane tanky AP

Most often, the champions that fall into the top lane category are more tanky than AP (ex. Cho'gath), whereas in mid lane, they have more damage (ex. Swain). Some champions fall into both of those categories, meaning they can perform well in either lane (ex. Vladimir).

For ranged poke/harass, the best tanky AP I can recommend is Vladimir. His passive gives him health for building AP and vice-versa, and he does tremendous amounts of damage lategame. The only problem is his weak laning phase.

For a much more tankier AP champion, Singed is the best I can recommend. He performs exactly like Vladimir, being able to dish out insane damage lategame, but he is much more tankier (one of the tankiest champions in the game, nigh-unkillable). However, just like Vladimir, he suffers from a bad laning phase.

Zoser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

Sound like you would appreciate Urgot

Quazifuji

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSLAIN View Post
Thanks for the responses.

I just tried Lux and she is pretty much what I want except that the fact that she is squishy. However, because I am defensive and I prefer to stay back, I don't die anyway.

I just had a game with her and went 13/3/19. Thanks man.

Now to try other suggestions. I think I am mostly into AP ranged champs.
I'd definitely give Orianna a shot then. She's trickier and doesn't have the CC of Morganna or Lux to help with safety, but she's got a huge range.

You could also give Anivia a shot. She's not as long range and she's very high skill-cap (both from a mechanical standpoint with her Q and a strategic standpoint with her wall), but she can play reasonable safely with the stun from her Q, slow from her ult, her wall, and her passive. Her ult is great for playing defensively since it lets you zone like crazy (she's considered one of the best turret-defenders in the game). She's really mana intensive, so you want to make sure you get blue buff with her, but when you have it you can basically use your ult indefinitely, which gives you incredibly pushing and defending power. She's not tanky, but her passive helps somewhat with surviving (it's sort of like a free guardian angel) and she's got some decent defensive abilities to help stay safe.