Looking for a new jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurenSEITENv2 View Post
I will say lee sin is THE strongest solo-que jungler because of his so well rounded kit, strong ganking, amazing dueling, solid camp clearing/buff countrol and sustain. But you seem to prefer tankier junglers so I would recommend skarner, Nautilus, amumu, and mundo.

_G
just remember that lee sin takes A LOT of skill to master.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GypsyReborn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaddscientist View Post
At the moment, one of my least-diverse areas of my champion list for ranked games are my options for junglers. I'm looking for a new one that can hopefully work well with my playstyle and that can be useful to the team.

I started the jungle with Malphite, and loved doing it for a while. I didn't need to buy health potions, so I just had to work on my low-level ganks to get them up. Unfortunately, he started getting banned a lot more and even with some work his low-level ganks aren't useful. I usually ended up being blamed if my team wasn't doing well because I wasn't ganking so much.

I've used Shen as a jungler, but again, he's banned a lot and typically not a solid choice because of that.

I have Cho'Gath and Master Yi if I have to use them, but I typically get counter-jungled if I play Cho, and I fall off a lot during late game with Yi because I'm simply not that experienced with him.

My favorite jungler right now is Maokai, as he can bring a lot of power to team fights, is a great ganker at all levels, and is completely awesome at tower diving give the right circumstances. My cheif concern with him, however, is that I've started to see a bit more Maokai lately. I might just be paranoid, but with the price decrease on him I'm worried that will be an incentive for more people to try and unlock him, making him a less viable pick.

Who do you suggest I consider taking a look at for junglers? Thanks for your input.
first, and im addressing the bolded part, a champion won't become less viable if he is bought and played more then he was previously. it just makes it harder for someone on one team to pick that champion if the champion was first picked.

on-topic: my favorite junglers are amumu udyr and shyvanna. yeah shyvanna has weak ganks and should only be attempting ganks with red but late game if shyvanna has the opportunity, can dive the ad or ap carries effectively zoning them from any team fight unless she is focused down. udyr is another favorite of mine because he does a lot of damage over a very small amount of time and his clear speed is one of the fastest if not the fastest in the game giving him exceptional control of his own and the enemies jungle. yeah his biggest weakness is being kited but if your being kited as udyr your job for zoning a champion out of a teamfight is met and if your team fights the other team correctly they will be protecting your ad carry effectively winning you that team fight. amumu is just an amazing jungler. while being susceptible to being counter jungled, amumu doesn't have a strong early game. his lane presence is bar none one of the best if played correctly and his late game presence is the best as an initiation that not only stuns 1 champion but has the potential to immobilize an entire team after using his ultimate.

these three champions are top tier picks for high elo play and can do very well against multiple match ups which is pretty scary considering how many junglers there are in total.