Looking for a new jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

themaddscientist

09-08-2012

At the moment, one of my least-diverse areas of my champion list for ranked games are my options for junglers. I'm looking for a new one that can hopefully work well with my playstyle and that can be useful to the team.

I started the jungle with Malphite, and loved doing it for a while. I didn't need to buy health potions, so I just had to work on my low-level ganks to get them up. Unfortunately, he started getting banned a lot more and even with some work his low-level ganks aren't useful. I usually ended up being blamed if my team wasn't doing well because I wasn't ganking so much.

I've used Shen as a jungler, but again, he's banned a lot and typically not a solid choice because of that.

I have Cho'Gath and Master Yi if I have to use them, but I typically get counter-jungled if I play Cho, and I fall off a lot during late game with Yi because I'm simply not that experienced with him.

My favorite jungler right now is Maokai, as he can bring a lot of power to team fights, is a great ganker at all levels, and is completely awesome at tower diving give the right circumstances. My cheif concern with him, however, is that I've started to see a bit more Maokai lately. I might just be paranoid, but with the price decrease on him I'm worried that will be an incentive for more people to try and unlock him, making him a less viable pick.

Who do you suggest I consider taking a look at for junglers? Thanks for your input.

cralix

09-08-2012

my favorite is Nocturne. his passive alows him to hit several enemies at once plus heals you as you do it. he is very useful in teamfights, he can block himself, speed up his teammates, and is very useful if they enemy gets stunned. He is usually very fast and can gank pretty well with his ultimate which allows the emeny not to see each other and he can jump to them. He can also hold a lane pretty well.

About the draft thing. Nocturne is a pretty OP champion but i've never seen him banned before. He is my main jungler and thats the thing i really like about him. Most people forget about him and choose the standard champs to ban.

I hope this is helpful at all

Sorne

09-08-2012

I would suggest Nautilus. You mentioned you liked jungling with Malphite and Nautilus fulfills a similar function (although better, in my opinion.) Unlike some junglers, Nautilus remains extremely effective at all stages of the game (even with a sub-par start.)

His early ganks are devastating and can help your lanes get an edge. Mid-game, he is tanky enough to initiate tower dives, he has the cc to save teammates from lethal situations, and he can really dictate the flow of early teamfights over objectives. Late game, he fulfills the role of a cc machine in teamfights and can either lock down the enemy carry while his teammates deal with the rest or he can peel those annoying bruisers and assassins off his own carry. (He can also initiate teamfights fairly well, although this is the one area i think Malphite has him beat.)

His only weakness is that he is somewhat susceptible to counter-jungling. Other than that, he is one of my favorite junglers and makes an excellent addition to a wide variety of team comps.

Censingsum

09-10-2012

I think if you enjoy playing malphite you should consider playing ali. Ali has the ability to tower dive at level 6 like no other jungler(maybe kayle =-='') nevertheless this opens up for insta gank bot lane even if they are pushed and ali offers(in my opinion more than naut) lots of cc and his very important ult.
Another champ you can consider is jarvan 4 he is similar to malph, naut, and ali however he is just a bit weaker and only REALLY strong in certain jungle matchups for eg. if you play j4 you can most likely take your blue run take the other jungler's red(assuming the other jungler didn't red start) and gank bot or mid

PwningPoro

09-10-2012

My Favorite junglers are Udyr and Trundle.

They both have great early ganking abilities. Udyr also has one of the fastest clearing times. Trundle is almost impossible to counter jungle if played right. I like rengar as well but hard to play in solo. they may be to your liking since you like hard cc champs. but they are on the burstier side of the jungle.

Hughes De Payens

09-10-2012

Skarner's currently on sale if you're the type to spend RP. Plus, the bonus RP thing is still happening right now as far as I know, so it's a good time to top it off a bit.

Udyr is the only jungler I know how to use half decently. He's pretty cool and incredibly annoying in a teamfight.

AvariciousHippo

09-10-2012

Nearly every time I jungle Maokai, my game is determined by how strong of a counter jungler I am facing. Xin Zhao or Nocturne can easily shut down Maokai if they are aggressive in the early jungle. That said, I think that Maokai is far and away one of the strongest junglers in the game.

Lord Puppy Fury

09-10-2012

If you're getting counter jungled as Cho, you're playing him wrong. He's not Shyvana fast, but he's so close there shouldn't be much room for counter jungling. Start Regrowth Pendant, level E, Q, W, then max E first, eat everything post 6, never die, get huge.

BitProdigy

09-11-2012

I will say lee sin is THE strongest solo-que jungler because of his so well rounded kit, strong ganking, amazing dueling, solid camp clearing/buff countrol and sustain. But you seem to prefer tankier junglers so I would recommend skarner, Nautilus, amumu, and mundo.

_G

DDoser Dan

09-11-2012

I personally LOVE (AP/A Little Bit tanky) Amumu jungle cause he has so much AOE damage and he can kills all the creeps so fast than going in for ganks on people with AoE and Your Toss (Q) is great for catching enemies plus your Ulti AoE Stun. So yeah Amumu i my fav Jungle.