Some good aggressive junglers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wingsofvalorx

09-08-2012

Okay guys, so basically, I watch many high level pros jungle champs like maokai, nautilus, shyvana, and such, and they usually play them like another support champ with very little actual damage and a lot of health. I would like to know why people don't play more aggressive junglers like lee and riven, and I'm wondering if aggressive junglers are even viable in the current meta.

King Kappa

09-08-2012

Riven is a crappy jungler, her clear times are okay but her ganks are pretty subpar. She has a little cc and a little jump but nothing that can catch someone before they get to their turret. Lee falls off late game, pros generally lean towards champions that excel late game since that's when the majority of the game takes place.

Wingsofvalorx

09-08-2012

hm makes sense, okay but what if they build say maokai, or shyvana, somewhat tanky but more on the damage side. Why do they always have to build them tanky support, I guess that's my problem, I want a jungler that does some good damage throughout the game...

TeknoWizard

09-08-2012

Udyr, Shyvanna, Nocturne, Trundle, Dr. Mundo, Hecarim, etc. etc. They do a lot of damage the whole game.

And tanky support junglers are pretty "in" right now. The upside? A lot of the more damage-oriented junglers can run in and steal their stuff. The meta is always shifting for junglers, more so than laners in my opinion. A few months ago, everyone went on a "Counter-jungling and lightning clears is best" thing, and now they're onto a "Tanky, CC heavy, always gank" phase.

I mean, I personally foresee big initiators being the next popular type of jungler, in which people will begin complaining about Skarner and Hecarim.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Udyr, Shyvanna, Nocturne, Trundle, Dr. Mundo, Hecarim, etc. etc. They do a lot of damage the whole game.

And tanky support junglers are pretty "in" right now. The upside? A lot of the more damage-oriented junglers can run in and steal their stuff. The meta is always shifting for junglers, more so than laners in my opinion. A few months ago, everyone went on a "Counter-jungling and lightning clears is best" thing, and now they're onto a "Tanky, CC heavy, always gank" phase.

I mean, I personally foresee big initiators being the next popular type of jungler, in which people will begin complaining about Skarner and Hecarim.
Skarner, Malphite and Maokai are already popular...?

Kedoren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

If you see what those junglers have in common (exception: shyvana), quite a bit of CC. The job of the jungle is top jump out, take dmg, and control while the lane does the dmg. Ever had a Maokai gank for you? It's pretty awesome. Same with Nautilus.

Shyvana is taken imo because she gets tanky and still does a lot of dmg. Also, her clear times are very very good. Probably the best in the game (or close to it)

Kedoren

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
Skarner, Malphite and Maokai are already popular...?
Yes, I would say those three are VERY common high lvl jungler picks.