Best Jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xquisite

09-19-2010

I found a new love....jungling.
The best jungler available to me olaf and it seems like when my team mates are 12-15 im only 6.

Its either im a bad jungler, or olaf isnt meant to do it.
So whats a champion thats real good at jungling.

fooolishfool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

Warwick is the strongest character at killing in the jungle. Fiddlesticks, Amumu, Udyr, Olaf and others are all pretty solid as well (though tend to need more in the way of runes/masteries/Smite to be as fast), and arguably bring more outside-jungle utility than Warwick.

If they are more than 2-3 levels higher than you and you aren't dieing in the jungle (you shouldn't be), something must be going wrong, have you tried watching youtube guides for Olaf jungling?

Teryon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2010

General consensus right now definitely seems to be Warwick.

rambo

Adjudicator

09-20-2010

If you want my advice, hold off on jungling until you reach higher levels like 20-30 and have some decent runes. Runes and masteries make the biggest differences to jungles. A full rune and mastery udyr can clear the whole jungle on his side in 3 min and 30 seconds.

jokull

09-20-2010

personally the best jungler is amumu, because of what he brings in teamfight utility later and in ganking utility midgame. when ganking, cc = kills, and amumu has 2 cc's plus red buff slow if he has both buffs, and will pretty much guarantee a kill, plus get fed to turn around entire teamfights later in the game. strong jungle amumus are almost guaranteed to make your team happy if they can successfully gank

Blue101

09-20-2010

anyone who has a good way to heal in the field is a good early game jungler ie. Yi, Nunu, Gangplank(not as good as he is at laning though) and Warwick are some good examples. the trick to jungleing is to get to level 6 as fast as possible, and fill in for mid whenever they go back to base. if done right you should be about the same level as everyone else before you start ganking. an as a jungler you have to be good at ganking otherwise the enemy team has an advantage since you have two solo lanes.

Wolvennight

Recruiter

09-20-2010

You also have to be careful with jungling. Make sure that your team has not only a good 1v1 solo, but a 2v1 solo. Jungling can sometimes turn a great team composition into trash

SwatNigglet

09-20-2010

Nunu is an underated jungler. Very easy to jungle with.

PRNmeds

09-20-2010

Jungling can be difficult if you don't have masteries and runes granting you additional health, and armor. This doesn't however mean that it can't be done. If you are low level, and aren't really able to fill out a mastery tree to tier three, I recommend you drop what points you have into the defense tree, to get some early additional armor, and maybe some magic resist too. Many people will start by purchasing a cloth armor, giving additional armor, and reducing the damage that the jungle baddies will be able to deal to you. Also get some health pots, to regen some of that health as you are running between camps. Smite is a must have for many champions, especially if you don't have masteries and runes. Warwick is generally considered to be the baddest bruddah in the jungle, but some of my favorites are Nunu, because his consume (Q) is very similar to smite. If you get both consume, and smite, you will have no problem clearing the jungle in no time flat! You can probably go steal up their jungle too!

SwatNigglet

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNmeds View Post
Jungling can be difficult if you don't have masteries and runes granting you additional health, and armor. This doesn't however mean that it can't be done. If you are low level, and aren't really able to fill out a mastery tree to tier three, I recommend you drop what points you have into the defense tree, to get some early additional armor, and maybe some magic resist too. Many people will start by purchasing a cloth armor, giving additional armor, and reducing the damage that the jungle baddies will be able to deal to you. Also get some health pots, to regen some of that health as you are running between camps. Smite is a must have for many champions, especially if you don't have masteries and runes. Warwick is generally considered to be the baddest bruddah in the jungle, but some of my favorites are Nunu, because his consume (Q) is very similar to smite. If you get both consume, and smite, you will have no problem clearing the jungle in no time flat! You can probably go steal up their jungle too!
Actually, if you were nunu and wanted to obtain that dragon at lvl 5 faster, you would have to spec into the utility for bonus exp and extended buff. Nunu needs blue buff or else he won't be able to take on dragon at lvl 5