Value of each role for elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auteyus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

I just looked at the top ten solo q and it seems that most of them exclusively play top or mid. I see some adc's up there, but then I had to get to Muffinqt around #35 on the list to find a support and no where did I see a jungler. I do know Crumbz broke the top ten as a jungler, when he duo'd with nyjacky, but he's exclusively top lane now I believe. Even stonewall008 (jungler) stated the best way to climb solo q was to duo with kenste (who mainly plays vayne).

Conclusion 1, if you want to climb the solo q ladder and you are better than your elo says, it's best if you take top or mid or adc, when solo.

Conclusion 2, when in solo q, if you want to win, have your best player take top or mid, and if elo is to be believed that is the first one choosing.

Conclusion 3, having your first player pick jungle, if they are not duo queue'd is a handicap.

Conclusion 4, the current trend of banning OP champions is incorrect and inaccurate, and the first and second pick's counters should be the focus of the bans. Additionally if the champions are so OP, why not just pick them?

Conclusion 5, most new players are drawn to mid and top, so 1000-1400 elo will be swimming with players with not a lot of experience, artificially high elos and an affinity for mid or top, be wary during champ select.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-08-2012

Mid is better than top or ADC.

ADC takes too long to get into the game, and particularly at low Elo, the game could be over before you really get going. ADC gets better at some point, but games have to last probably at least 30 minutes or longer I'd say for you to really be able to be very well off.

Top is simply too far bottom lane and dragon. Top can go help mid if need be, but bottom lane is important. There are two players in bottom lane for each team. That means each team has 2 potential feeders, or two potential teammates to get fed. As top, you can't help them snowball or prevent enemy snowball. The same can be said for bottom being too far from top, but there's only one champion for each team in top.

Mid, however, you're kind of the center of everything. You can go gank top or bottom lane. You're not too terribly far, at any point in time, from any enemy champion that wants you to kill him.

Jungle needs to be considered to a degree. It may be difficult at the top Elos, however, at lower Elos, jungle has all the advantages of mid. The difference is that it's actually jungle's job to roam. A jungler can make the decision that it'd be better to camp top/mid/bottom and just farm gold/experience off constant ganking. A turret isn't going to fall as a result (not directly). The jungler can find the best player on his team and help get that player fed really hard and they'll both walk to victory.

The jungler can't do this as much in higher Elos because the higher you are in Elo, the harder it is for one fed player to make a significant, consistent impact on the game.

Stonewall008

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auteyus View Post
I just looked at the top ten solo q and it seems that most of them exclusively play top or mid. I see some adc's up there, but then I had to get to Muffinqt around #35 on the list to find a support and no where did I see a jungler. I do know Crumbz broke the top ten as a jungler, when he duo'd with nyjacky, but he's exclusively top lane now I believe. Even stonewall008 (jungler) stated the best way to climb solo q was to duo with kenste (who mainly plays vayne).

Conclusion 1, if you want to climb the solo q ladder and you are better than your elo says, it's best if you take top or mid or adc, when solo.

Conclusion 2, when in solo q, if you want to win, have your best player take top or mid, and if elo is to be believed that is the first one choosing.

Conclusion 3, having your first player pick jungle, if they are not duo queue'd is a handicap.

Conclusion 4, the current trend of banning OP champions is incorrect and inaccurate, and the first and second pick's counters should be the focus of the bans. Additionally if the champions are so OP, why not just pick them?

Conclusion 5, most new players are drawn to mid and top, so 1000-1400 elo will be swimming with players with not a lot of experience, artificially high elos and an affinity for mid or top, be wary during champ select.
I only played three ranked games with kenste and those were after I had already reached plat