Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot point purchase disincentive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pinkbandit

09-19-2010

Basically this post is just about my mild disappointment in Riots incentives (don't get me wrong I still buy points!)

So if $50 = 7200 points that means $1 = 144 RP
So if $35 = 5000 points that means $1 = 142.86 RP
So if $20 = 2800 points that means $1 = 140 RP
So if $10 = 1380 points that means $1 = 138 RP

I would do the $5 but thats too small to really deserve much of an incentive..
what does this mean in actual numbers?

We will take the unit prices and multiply it by $50 to get the amount of points that would be received by purchasing the smaller bundles of $10, $20, $35

144 x 50 = 7200

142.86 x 50 = 7143 (57 point difference or $0.40 in savings for buying the $50 instead of 1.43 x $35 packages)

140 x 50 = 7000 (200 point difference or $1.43 in savings for buying the $50 instead of 2.5 x $20 packages)

138 x 50 = 6900 (300 point difference or $2.17 in savings for buying the $50 instead of 5 x $10 packages)

Basically what I am getting at here is there isn't much incentive to buy the $50 package vs the $35 or the $20.

What do I think would be fair considering $50 can buy u a game like Starcraft 2?
Well I would think
that $50 = 8000 RP ($1 = 160 RP)
that $35 = 5300 RP ($1 = 151.4 RP)
that $20 = 2900 RP ($1 = 145 RP) and
that $10 = 1400 RP ($1 = 140 RP)

Which are hardly major changes but at least one would feel a reason to invest in the larger RP packages that have the equivalent cost of a new game. Players like me who are willing to toss out $50 bucks (I will be doing this next week anyway) should get the benefit of a larger bonus RP because encouraging the spenders is better for business. We all know that everything can be unlocked (aside from skins) by simply playing the game. To this I applaud Riot because I think it is a great idea. I love this game and it is my favorite hands down. I would pay a monthly fee to play but honestly I am glad I don't have to (let us be serious here). All I am asking is for a reconsideration of the RP package incentives.

Thanks to all who read this and I hope someone from Riot can pass their opinion on my post.

Pinkbandit

09-19-2010

bump

Whist

09-19-2010

But nobody's doing the math (except you) so +700 more looks like you're getting an 8ish dollar purchase free.

They could simply offer no bonus if you would rather they do that. I see no problem with their system, a bigger bonus won't make non-rp buyers buy rp.

Riffraffselbow

09-19-2010

Quote:
Whist:
But nobody's doing the math (except you) so +700 more looks like you're getting an 8ish dollar purchase free.

They could simply offer no bonus if you would rather they do that. I see no problem with their system, a bigger bonus won't make non-rp buyers buy rp.

But a bigger bonus makes IP buyers buy larger packages.

Pinkbandit

09-19-2010

Quote:
Riffraffselbow:
But a bigger bonus makes IP buyers buy larger packages.

Well this is what my point was. Non buyers will be unaffected but buyers of the $20 amounts could be persuaded to drop $50 each time if there was a larger incentive.

Pinkbandit

09-19-2010

Quote:
Whist:

I can not imagine that I would be the first person to notice the math. It just takes a while to type it out and break it down. I'm not seriously complaining, I am aiming more for constructive criticism.

Pinkbandit

09-20-2010

bump

Pinkbandit

09-20-2010

no riot response?

Senta

Recruiter

09-20-2010

more incentives would probably cause more people to buy the $50 packs, i think its definitely a win for RIOT as people wouldnt get the $10 pack for just enough for the UBER COOL NEW TRYND SKIN (no troll) they would buy the $50 and look for things to spend their RP on

Meat Shield

09-20-2010

Quote:
Pinkbandit:
I can not imagine that I would be the first person to notice the math. It just takes a while to type it out and break it down. I'm not seriously complaining, I am aiming more for constructive criticism.

I broke it down too and my most recent purchase was $50 but that decision was based on the amount of content i planned on buying, normally since i don't see much benefit to paying 50 over paying 10, 5 times i pay the 10, 5 times and spend the points as i need them also it is eaiser to justify 10 at a time to my wife then 50.