Need some Olaf help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HateDaddy

09-08-2012

Hey folks, I just picked up my main man Brolaf and I'm having some trouble with him. It's not how to play him or how to prioritize his skills. In fact, I'm just not really sure what a good core build is on him. Most champions usually have 2-3 items that are staples in their builds while the rest are left for counter-building, etc. I get that Frozen Mallet is one of them but after that, I just find myself at a loss.

I've been told to build Atamogs on him from some people but I don't know if it's even viable after being nerfed. It could be, I honestly don't know because I simply don't see anyone build it anymore. Had a few people suggestion Triforce on him but I don't think it's a good item on him since his only ability he spams for damage is his E making Sheen useless. Attack speed is pointless since his passive works the way it works so disregard Zeal and Phage, well, acquire a FroMall instead..

So if anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it a great deal. Thanks in advance.

mnun

09-08-2012

My usual build for olaf, don't quote me on this is been a while since ive played him
Wriggles
Merc / ninja tabi
Warmogs
Atmas
Frozen mallet
Sunfire.

Thats my usual build on him, but alot of it is situational

OuityDrood

09-08-2012

Gunblade is actually alright on him.

Porolo

09-08-2012

get beserker greaves/ninja tabi, frozen maulet, maw of malmortius, warmog armor and athema's impailer its a good combo for olaf

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

I love Olaf, would consider him one of my better champs... but I have to say I think there isn't a single "Core" item on Olaf. I vary the build from game to game... the one that I do build quite often is Randiun's Omen. Going ragnarok and diving their carries then activating that item to keep them right there to nuke them down is quite helpful (plus the gp5 during the laning phase with HoG).

Other than that, boots depend on the enemy team, frozen mallet is probably another common item as is hexdrinker/maw. Sorry, not really helpful.