My first experience in TT at level 30

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

straight gangsta

09-08-2012

I have 1289 normal wins, 922 losses. I played Summoner's Rift from 1-30, although I played a few Twisted Treeline games while leveling up (probably not more than 10).

Champ select goes like this... Ally 1 picks Karthus, locks in, says top. Ally 2 picks Shyvana. I pick Jayce. Ally 2 switches to Pantheon and says "first time panth" and locks in with ghost/exhaust.

Enemy team has a Pantheon, Teemo, and Darius. We get in a bush fight at level 1. I get first blood on Teemo and go to run away through the jungle, while my allies stay and fight. They both die to the enemy Pantheon.

Minions spawn. Karthus goes to his lane and I call mia on the enemy Pantheon. Karthus dies. Respawns, dies to the enemy Pantheon again. I ward the center golem and bushes by the enemy team's base - and continue to for the rest of the game. None of my allies bought a ward the entire game.

Karthus proceeds to call me a noob, tells me to uninstall, and says it's my fault because I fed their Pantheon. He goes 3/15, talks trash all game and tells the other team to report me for intentionally feeding and being uncooperative. To top it all off, the enemy team says that I'm the reason they won and that I'm a terrible Jayce.

Match ends (we lose). Karthus has 100 wins, Pantheon has 14 wins. Enemy team says "Sorry for your Jayce" in the chat, and Karthus proceeds to tell me I should delete myself IRL. Why am I matched with these people? Why were all five of the other players trolls?

I'll never be playing this map again.

SpiralinISqwerty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

I'd like to point out recently they set all wins on Twisted Treeline to 0, so I'm going to assume you have less wins in TT than both your teammates.

straight gangsta

09-08-2012

Cool, didn't know. Though, despite that fact... There's no reason that anyone at level 30 should be that bad at this game.

Shadeykris

09-08-2012

Ironically, your 3v3 experience mirrors my 5v5 experiences. Which mostly means... people, not the map. Keep playing, learn the tricks of TT, and you won't see any more of this behavior than you do already in SR (personally I see less).

gl!

Quit

09-08-2012

3v3 is not 5v5 the playstyle and meta are completely different.

skill still involved tho

summoner somenot

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil25magic View Post
Cool, didn't know. Though, despite that fact... There's no reason that anyone at level 30 should be that bad at this game.
i will put ** next to the important parts to read.

faulty logic, in game, someone is either going to be at your level of skill approximately, or higher, or lower.

> if he is higher skill, he is going to destroy you, the majority of the time.

< if he is lower skill, he is going to get owned the majority of the time by you.

= if you are an even skill, its most likely going to be a back and forth game, and pretty close score end game.

** level 30 is not equal to skill.

** A person can play everyday, and lose everyday, and still get up to level 30.

**stop looking to change what you can not, and change what you can.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
**(basically)don't whine over others play style, improve your own.

listen to Micheal Jackson, man in the mirror. might help you a little bit.

"if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change"

or in your case

"if you want to win games, take a look at your gameplay, and change your play style."

or alternatively, you can spite me, for pointing out that you can't change other people, and not change your game play, and continue to lose games.

this is for your benefit not mine, it makes no difference to me whether you win or lose.

good job if you do change the style up and start winning. i'm happy for you.

Brodhi

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil25magic View Post
I have 1289 normal wins, 922 losses. I played Summoner's Rift from 1-30, although I played a few Twisted Treeline games while leveling up (probably not more than 10).

Champ select goes like this... Ally 1 picks Karthus, locks in, says top. Ally 2 picks Shyvana. I pick Jayce. Ally 2 switches to Pantheon and says "first time panth" and locks in with ghost/exhaust.

Enemy team has a Pantheon, Teemo, and Darius. We get in a bush fight at level 1. I get first blood on Teemo and go to run away through the jungle, while my allies stay and fight. They both die to the enemy Pantheon.

Minions spawn. Karthus goes to his lane and I call mia on the enemy Pantheon. Karthus dies. Respawns, dies to the enemy Pantheon again. I ward the center golem and bushes by the enemy team's base - and continue to for the rest of the game. None of my allies bought a ward the entire game.

Karthus proceeds to call me a noob, tells me to uninstall, and says it's my fault because I fed their Pantheon. He goes 3/15, talks trash all game and tells the other team to report me for intentionally feeding and being uncooperative. To top it all off, the enemy team says that I'm the reason they won and that I'm a terrible Jayce.

Match ends (we lose). Karthus has 100 wins, Pantheon has 14 wins. Enemy team says "Sorry for your Jayce" in the chat, and Karthus proceeds to tell me I should delete myself IRL. Why am I matched with these people? Why were all five of the other players trolls?

I'll never be playing this map again.
There are multiple things in this game that could have happened, and we are only seeing your side of the story. But some things I can see that you can improve on are:

1) If Pantheon goes top to gank, hyper push bottom and try to take tower. When one side loses their outer turrets, you get all their jungle to yourself.

2) If you are warding Red and are seeing Pantheon go top, what prevented you from going up there to counter-gank? The reason your allies did not buy Wards is because you are. Only 1 person should be buying wards in a TT match (you should know when champions are going to gank you anyways).

3) Why were you not ganking to try and get Karthus back in the game? If Pantheon is camping top, force him to stay top so your Pantheon can get farmed solo bottom. In general, it is always better to have 1 Jungler with 2 solo lanes. More cs and levels on your hyper carries is better than splitting cs and exp between two of you in the same lane.

4) If people are being mean or trolling, just shrug it off. You act like you are going to be placed with the best players every game. Your ELO got reset, so chances are you are going to be with people who have played 100+ games and are still stuck at 1200 Normal ELO.

5) Don't complain! The worst thing that can happen in a team is for everyone to fight. If Karthus tells you, "man, I wish you were here more often." or, "god damn dude, why aren't you help?" the correct response is, "Sorry, I am kinda new to TT. I'll try my best." and not, "WHY ARE YOU 3/15 ****ING NOOB 1v1 ME RIGHT NOW"

Mich567

09-08-2012

First of all, good job on getting to level 30 and not being a FAIL.
Second of all, you did make some mistakes here, but it's really not your fault... TT is quite different from SR.
Third, how did you actually do in the match?
Fourth, you sound like you had a sucky Karthus... plus, Karthus sucks in 3s anyways.
Fifth, you need to learn to shrug off insults. I learned it in real life, so it is quite easy in gaming...
Sixth, let me point out your mistakes (You can fix them quite easily... and you seem like a good player too, so it should be even more simple).
When you go into the bush fight at level 1, You shouldn't run away unless you're really low... stay with your allies. If you are only kinda low, hang back a little and drop in if you can help. Chances are, they won't be able to burst you down. Warding isn't really prevalent in Normal 3v3... if you ward, the other people generally will not ward. Also, in my experience, people do not jungle in 3v3 (It is a good idea though if you can learn... which is a little difficult), unless they don't have many other options. Example: You are losing, and therefore turtling. The enemy will jungle for gold and Exp... or if they just have spare time to do stuff and can't push lanes.
Don't let this bad experience ruin you. If you play some more, you will become epic at 3v3... especially since you're good. Of course, you might have to look through some of the Gaping Holes in Riot's planning of it... but still.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

why do i have a feeling you raged super hard all game

cralix

09-08-2012

I actually played TT from 15-30 and have about 100+wins. i actually am now playing 5v5 with different group of friends. Advice to TT players is always have a team. REALLY. Never solo queue because your team majority will suck. I've had lots of fun and great experiences in TT and dont mind it at all. so GL and HF