Ezreal Build Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreenJ

09-08-2012

Ok, hey there guys-

I am wanting to learn Ezreal and I usually try to watch all the previewed games I can with an Ezreal in them. I have seen many different builds, but the main difference I see in the builds are whether you level up your Q (Mystic Shot) or your W (Essence Flux) first for Attack Damage Carries. What is the difference between leveling one or the other, and what helps you most often? I personally find leveling Q (Mystic Shot) first is helpful, but I have never tried the other way. Also, if you could give me a basic item build (like final build items) for Ezreal, that would be great as well!

Thanks for all your help and support,
GreenJ

M0rias

09-08-2012

Leveling mystic shot first makes your consistent poke very strong. It's good if you don't plan on all-in on the enemy ad early. More mana efficient but less consistant unless you have a way to zone your opponent slightly (blitz leona taric) to create openings for you to land it. Works well if you are getting an early sheen.

Leveling essence flux first makes your dueling potential incredible. It hits really hard and even with the width nerf it is easy to land. It's range isn't as long as mystic shot and it costs much more mana. You will burst harder though with this skill maxed first though. I usually level this if I don't have a support who can keep the enemy from shielding with the minions or if I'm playing against an ad who has strong collision based poke (ashe).

Friesguy

09-08-2012

The Q and W question on Ezreal is a very complex question. The Q has longer range and does better damage, however, it's a skillshot that's blocked by minions. His W however, isn't effected by minions and is a great harass against enemy champs. Levelling his W means you'll be hitting enemies through minions, and most of the time they won won't be able to trade damage at your rate with your W maxed early.

Ez's W did just get a recent nerf, but the general consensus in the meta (to my knowledge) is the W should be maxed first since it's not effected by minions.

And for builds, I'll give you what I do for Ez: Start with a Doran's Blade. Get Boots and BF Sword (Another Doran's blade if I don't have gold for BF, but that's if I'm losing bot lane). I then complete Infinity Edge, then go Phantom Dancer. If the match is still competitive by the time I get Phantom Dancer, we'll win pretty quickly. I then get Bloodthirster, then Last Whisper/ Trinity Force, and finish up with Guardian Angel.

Many people are going to rage saying, saying Trinity Force is a must on Ezreal early. It's a great item, but I found the sooner I get IE-PD combo, the better off my team is.

PKMNTràinerRed

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by friesguy View Post
The Q and W question on Ezreal is a very complex question.

And for builds, I'll give you what I do for Ez: Start with a Doran's Blade. Get Boots and BF Sword (Another Doran's blade if I don't have gold for BF, but that's if I'm losing bot lane). I then complete Infinity Edge, then go Phantom Dancer. If the match is still competitive by the time I get Phantom Dancer, we'll win pretty quickly. I then get Bloodthirster, then Last Whisper/ Trinity Force, and finish up with Guardian Angel.

Many people are going to rage saying, saying Trinity Force is a must on Ezreal early. It's a great item, but I found the sooner I get IE-PD combo, the better off my team is.
Well builds are just a preference. It also depends on your support as well cause my friend and I usually go nunu and ez so I dont really have to build a pd. My build is going for bt first then depending on how our laning phase goes I may get a IE or TF. Such as us losing our tower cause a 4 man gank I will get a IE cause I know that I won't really need the sustain and kiting for lane. At most I'll build a zeal just cause my support will have a zekes herald for the atk speed and I also have the passive then go with a GA or LW.

ImJustaTable

09-08-2012

Ezreal Hybrid
Mastery Page http://puu.sh/13cs8
Build http://puu.sh/13cvm
Skills Q>E>Q>W>W>R>Q>W>Q>W>R>Q>W>W>E>R>E>E
This allows Ezreal's DPS to be high Early Game, but allows you to still be viable late game, and makes all his spells viable

CaptClurk

09-08-2012

Here's an easy way to get some free money:
1. Download "app trailers" on your iphone/ipod/ipad.
2. Go to "videos" and enter the special bonus code "free5000septcode" for 5000 free points. Remember it only works this month.
3. Watch videos and download free apps for more free points.
4. Go to "redeem" to redeem a gift card or paypal money.
5. Only took me an hour to get $10 free into my paypal.
6. Enjoy while the offer lasts.

mnun

09-08-2012

Spazie has a great guide on Ez. Other than that idk what to tell you, lol