Jax build for this n00b please? :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nike Mikey

09-08-2012

So, I'm level 14, and my current build has been working pretty well for me so far:

Mercury Treads
Wriggle's Lantern
Trinity Force
Warmog's Armor
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Banshee's Veil

I want to me more tank-like ("AD?"), but I don't know where to go from here, since it's been working pretty well. I like the wriggle's lantern wards.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-08-2012

You should be building Beserker's Greaves most of the time. Mercenary Treads are fine sometimes though. I don't see why you'd ever build Sorceror's Shoes.

Wriggle's is great for Jax since you get life steal, damage, and the free word works amazing with Jax's Q. It's a free escape once every 3 minutes.

Trinity Force is basically a must on Jax. Guinsoo's Rageblade is another good offensive item for Jax, as Hextech Gunblade.

But when it comes to defensive items, you kind of just have to play it by ear. You have to go off what the enemy team has and who is the biggest threat on their team, etc.

Nike Mikey

09-08-2012

Sorry, I was going by the pictures. I usually get Mercenary Treads. I'll get Beserker's Greaves I guess.

I'm glad my build turns out to be good!

I don't know how to "play things by ear" yet. :P Example?

Elchulus

09-08-2012

Merc Treads are fine on jax. Berserker's greaves if they lack CC.

I usually go Merc -> Wriggle's (usually if jungling) -> Trinity Force -> Hextech Gunblade -> Rageblade and by then the game is usually over. If not, you can probably build tank items to make yourself immortal.

TheOneMillion

09-08-2012

Little tidbit. Its mercury treads. lol. Also, merc treads are great on jax when they have more than a couple hard CC's.

Nea De Penserhir

09-08-2012

Easy lanes - Standard build. boots, Hex/Triforce, two defensive items ,one optional item.
Hard Lanes - Safe build. Boots, 1 counter item (Wriggles/hexdrinker), Hex/triforce, one defensive item, one optional item.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-08-2012

Yea no, in most cases, Mercury Treads are the best option. Beserker's Greaves are just an option in cases where the enemy is light on CC and they don't have much magic damage going out. Berserker's Greaves are just slightly more dps over the merc treads.

Nike Mikey

09-08-2012

Wow, I said Mercenary Treads, my bad. xD

Thanks guys!

Nike Mikey

09-08-2012

More pointers would be appreciated.

Nike Mikey

09-08-2012

They really would. ^_^