Skarner- Battlecast or Pulsefire?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Techn0kami

08-07-2012

Now, before you all fan the flames of fury and rage, just hear me out.

I like the idea of Battlecast Skarner. I think it would be a phenominal skin for him, and, to be honest, it's the one skin which will eventually come out that has my entire interest. Skarner on tank treads is probably the best news I've heard in a while, and seeing how well Battlecast Cho'Gath came out, I'm more than thrilled to see what Riot is going to do for Battlcast Skarner.

However... him becoming Battlecast frankly doesn't make sense. And I'll explain why. For one, I don't think Skarner has an evil-enough demeanor to have a Battlecast skin in the first place. Let's look at the champions who do have it:

Cho'Gath- he's a big scary void monster who would love nothing more than to crush the world under his heel. Him becoming Battlecast, frankly, makes sense to a degree. Viktor's mad enough that he'd do it.

Urgot- He's a hate-powered man/machine. Him wanting to become full machine makes sense frankly, because the more machine he is, the more powerful he is.

Xerath- I'll be frank, I don't see how or why Xerath from a lore-perspective should have this skin. For one, it's not that good, and two, he can't really become battlecast since he's already a living creature of arcane energy.

Anyways, I believe my point is made that Skarner isn't evil enough to want to become Battlecast in the first place. Champions who should or have reasonable enough lore-based motivation to become battlecast? Here's a list.
-Brand (did somebody say flamethrowers?)
-Dr. Mundo (because what's more efficient as a killing machine THAN a machine?)
-Kog'Maw (hey, Cho'Gath got an upgrade, and this would make Kog'Maw the most efficient eating machine around)
-Mordekaiser (kind of silly since he's practically made of metal, but I can see it)
-Renekton (fury-powered robot killing crocodile machine. Hello Awesome)
-Singed (his body is empowered by toxins. One day it's got to wear out, and then he won't have to worry about it and can be a poison-churning man factory)
-Sion (he has his Hextech skin, which is like a lesser form of Battlecast already)
-Warwick (I can see him wanting to be a robo-werewolf)

I honestly think that Skarner, as much as a Battlecast skin would look on him, shouldn't, and that he should have an evolving pulsefire exoskeleton armor over his crystalline body. If the theory that Pulsefire Ezreal was sent from the future to deal with the Battlecast menace is true, then a Pulsefire skin for Skarner immediately makes a whole lot more sense.

Also, who wouldn't want a time-traveling robo scorpion with a literal laser stinger?

SabreJ6

08-07-2012

For his ult he shoots like a tractor beam out! NERDGASM!!!!!

Techn0kami

08-07-2012

-__-"

I wish I could get a serious person to talk to in the threads I make.

Kato75

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Since pulsefire skins arent canon(said in Jayce AMA here),i dont see reasons to battlecast being it either.
What the BC has until now are MONSTER champions,and skarner is one,even tought he is a good one
Also,a pulsefire may look a lot like his runic skin,so,not happening

Waputi

08-15-2012

Since there is no official story so far from Riot about any skins, this is all just speculation but the Battlecast line might not just be for the more "evil" champions in League. It could also be champs that refused Viktor's Glorious Evolution and were captured/forced into it. Very similar to another video game villain and his grand plans *cough Robotnik*.

So while Skarner isn't exactly an evil character, he could have been incapacitated and turned into one of Viktor's automatons.

Iccirrus

08-18-2012

Anivia isnt evil, but she seems to be getting a battlecast skin at some point too

Iccirrus

08-18-2012

Sorry for double post, internet problems

My Name is Jazza

09-04-2012

The blueprints for Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath shows five "file names" at the top right with the names Xerath, Urgot, Skarner, Kog Maw and Anivia. This is likely a hint at the other Battlecast skins to come. Found this on LoLwiki

also found this. Under a forum thread that discussed the cancelation of Omen, Zileas noted that, in a skins meeting, someone once suggested a "Japanese Schoolgirl" or "Magical Girl" skin for Cho'Gath, and that he supports its creation.

Oug

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waputi View Post
Since there is no official story so far from Riot about any skins,...
Um...

Tango Twisted Fate
Tango Evelynn
Queen Ashe
King Tryndamere
Baron Von Veigar (arguably)
Bloodmoon (or whatever festival it is, I forget) Akali
Bloodmoon (or whatever festival it is, I forget) Shen
Pentakill Yorick
Pentakill Mordekaiser
Pentakill Sona
Pentakill Karthus
Sinful Succulence Morgana
Pre-Void Kassadin *might* be considered official, since there is no reason why it can't be considered as such (deals with the past and not the present)
Divine Soraka has the same argument as Pre-Void Kassadin

All of these can be considered canon, as they have ether been confirmed in the JoJ, or by a Riot Red.

I'm not sure if the Vandal Skins lore was released in the JoJ (official) or just as an introduction to the skins when the first one was released (unofficial)
I do know that Vandal Jax is NOT official lore.

Cocoaman08

09-04-2012

I can see skarner having a full metal skin. How about you guys?