Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Olaf viable for tt or am i failing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brodhi

09-08-2012

Quote:
deadlyzaraki1987:
I don't usually jungle him in TT ive been told that TT junglin is dumb

Jungling in TT is very smart because 2 solo lanes and a roaming jungler > 1 solo lane and a duo lane. Both solo lanes get more CS and levels than the duo lane, allowing you to dominate teamfights extremely easy. You generally want to take junglers that don't really require a "lot" of CS in order to be a big presence in teamfights, like Riven or Shyvana.

Boo

09-08-2012

Quote:
Brodhi:
2 solo lanes and a roaming jungler > 1 solo lane and a duo lane. .

not always

deadlyzaraki1987

09-08-2012

Quote:
Brodhi:
Jungling in TT is very smart because 2 solo lanes and a roaming jungler > 1 solo lane and a duo lane. Both solo lanes get more CS and levels than the duo lane, allowing you to dominate teamfights extremely easy. You generally want to take junglers that don't really require a "lot" of CS in order to be a big presence in teamfights, like Riven or Shyvana.
I feel like olaf has Great team fight presence with the bursting of the squishies and he is a good 1v1 since he can stack hp and roll face

Brodhi

09-08-2012

Quote:
deadlyzaraki1987:
I feel like olaf has Great team fight presence with the bursting of the squishies and he is a good 1v1 since he can stack hp and roll face

Olaf has a niche when it comes to what he counters in lane, but he is very, VERY susceptible to ganks pre-6. If I see an Olaf at top lane, you bet your ass I am ganking him at level 2-3. His presence in the jungle is outstanding because he can even harass while in the jungle by throwing axes over Red/Dragon at the top laner. He just fits better in the jungle.

deadlyzaraki1987

09-08-2012

Quote:
Brodhi:
Olaf has a niche when it comes to what he counters in lane, but he is very, VERY susceptible to ganks pre-6. If I see an Olaf at top lane, you bet your ass I am ganking him at level 2-3. His presence in the jungle is outstanding because he can even harass while in the jungle by throwing axes over Red/Dragon at the top laner. He just fits better in the jungle.
ill give it a shot. Ive been very successful in bot and pretty meh top but it varys

Daminn

09-09-2012

If I'm in the top lane, I tend to pickup wriggles as my first item and max q first. I usually out jungle my opponent and manage to pick up a fairly early dragon.

RQDoga

09-09-2012

Quote:
Brodhi:

I've always found that when you jungle after a certain point, that you tend to level alot faster then most. At 14 mins with trynd and jungling I was level 15 and almost 16. Others were only level 11.

Quick Rawr

09-09-2012

If you have Q, you can already stick to them just fine with starting boots.

I like Wriggle's on Olaf if you need the damage output for Dragon OR the sustain in lane

deadlyzaraki1987

09-10-2012

Quote:
Quick Rawr:
If you have Q, you can already stick to them just fine with starting boots.

I like Wriggle's on Olaf if you need the damage output for Dragon OR the sustain in lane
thats true I try to com one the q and phage process for permastick but ill try jungling and see how it goes

deadlyzaraki1987

09-10-2012

Had a decent game with a frallet wriggles 2dorans blades and ninja tabi