Night and Day (Closed RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unmasked Angel

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
This situation was still all so strange to her. While she did spend a night gazing at the stars with Leona that one time, Diana had figured that it would only be once. Then everything would go back to the way they were. So why was it that she found herself here now, her eyes on the sky dotted with those very same, sparkling objects. She hugged her knees loosely, fingers tapping against her armor lightly.

"Because that is how nature works," she responded evenly. "As you have seen with the Solari and the Lunari, the Solari were the first to rise up against it all. They wanted to rule. The same goes for any other nation, clashing because of different ideals. I am simply showing the Solari that their behaviour and lies will not go unpunished. After all, what is to stop them from doing something like that again, especially if they believe they can do so without repercussions."

Diana sighed, tilting her head to the side to gaze at the moonflowers once more. "Even the sun sets in paradise."
Leona sat up in a sitting position, she looked Diana in eyes, that same unbreakable determination that was ever present in them, was there now

"I will.. we can stop them.. without violence. We can create a new Lunari, and reunite the two, sure, it would take time for things to return as they were.. but I'm certain it will. You cannot let the fear of the past prevent you from moving on in the future. Tell me, wouldn't you like that?"

Leona then smiled gently

"Indeed.. the Sun does set, yet, at the same time, it still shines" she pointed up towards the Moon, her eyes still on Diana

Ask the Lunari

09-17-2012

"As much as I appreciate your positive outlook on things," Diana began, her voice a low mutter, "You seem to be missing the point where nature will simply cause everything to fall into disarray. Do you truly believe that our predecessors foresaw the Solari's betrayal to their brethren? We are not immortal, and we will not be here to stop whatever may come. Things do not last forever."

She turned her gaze on Leona, silver eyes burning. "You think fear stops me from moving? It is the bittersweet taste of a judgement justly served that drives me. My memories may linger on the past, but my goal very much pertains to the future. You cannot deny it."

Diana did not look to see where her companion was pointing, rather she turned her face back to the flowers before her. "It is not the Sun that shines, but the Moon. Yet the Sun continues to take the respect it does not deserve."

Unmasked Angel

09-17-2012

"The Moon shines with the Sun's light, Di.."

Leona shook her head at the rest of what Diana said

"We can ensure things will last forever.. I know we can"

Unmasked Angel

09-19-2012

((Bump))

Ask the Lunari

09-22-2012

"Don't call me that.." Her immediate response was out of habit if anything, but Diana was still looking beyond the presence of Leona. Yet, was this the Solari's right now? This bandage that they had wrapped around their situation.. did this mean that Leona was, once again, her friend? Or perhaps.. something more.

"I do not make empty promises." She responded, "I suggest you do the same, otherwise you may end up disappointing far more than just yourself." Diana did not understand why Leona was so insistent on her belief that everything will be 'okay'. As if their words would be law, and that the Solari will not turn on her people, or vice versa. One cannot dictate a whole race's actions, nor can one justify claiming they could. "We are not the law."

Unmasked Angel

09-22-2012

Leona shook her head "The days of empty promises are behind us.. believe me when I say.." Leona's eyes flared with that unwavering determination she wore so well.. she would sooner die than to let Diana get hurt again, and she was bound and determined to show that to the Lunar warrior "I will not make the same mistake twice.."

Leona stood up and approached Diana, taking the others hand gently in her own "You are the Avatar of the Moon.. and I the Sun. Our people look to us for guidance. Do you really believe they will not heed to us?"

Ask the Lunari

09-25-2012

"You may not make the same mistake, but it has already been done." She gestured to herself. "You cannot change it."

Diana was about to respond once more, a flash of irritation in her eyes at the other's outlook but Leona's touch quickly forced her mouth shut. Her fingers twitched habitually, but she did not pull away. She blinked once, refusing to meet the Solari's gaze as she sighed. "You do not seem to understand what I'm saying. Did you think our ancestors wanted this war? Do you think your preprocessor wanted his people to slaughter mine? Say what you will, our guidance will fade and we will no longer be the law. They will take matters into their own hands. There is no promise in the world that will stop such a thing."

st0pb0t

09-25-2012

((I toss and turn, keep stress in my mind))

Unmasked Angel

09-25-2012

A hint of sorrow filled Leona's eyes as she simply stared at the other.. her heart sank. She let Diana's hand slip from her own and walked over to the river bank, looking up at the Moon that had finally showed itself she sat down, slipping off her heels and soaking her feet in the water.. she was silent, for a good minuet or so, before she finally spoke

"Why do you think the Sun gives it's light to the Moon?" Leona said, her voice was soft, and she did not look at Diana

"The Sun and the Moon are nearly the same entity.. as are you and I. You are much like myself Diana. Brave, strong.. caring.." Leona paused before continuing "Though what the Solari did to you may have changed you.. shaped your once warm heart into the stone it is now.. I still see it within you."

Leona let her toes sink into the dirt and she closed her eyes as another memory flooded her mind.. her and Diana were sitting together in the temple, soaking their feet in fresh water in Diana's room.. they had been wandering all day, so it was relaxing. Leona had leaned back in her chair, reflecting on the days events when Diana's voice cut the silence. "Why does the Sun give the Moon it's light?" she had asked.. Leona simply sat up, raising an eyebrow "I.. can't say.." Leona had replied.. "It just does, it's nature"..... Leona reopened her eyes as the memory faded, she hugged her knees, staring into the water

"I.. I still see it within you.." Leona restated.. letting the night breeze flow over her body

Ask the Lunari

10-02-2012

Still Leona did not understand, or did not want to. Diana stayed where she was, unwilling to move from her patch of soft grass as she stared upwards towards the Lunar orb. Yes, the Sun gave its light - did that make the Moon dependent on it? Her brow furrowed slightly. People used that argument, that the Sun was superior because without it, the Moon would not have its light. "They are not the same." Diana replied simply, her voice strangely soft. She had asked this before, but this time, she had an answer. "The Sun has the Moon on a leash, so long as the Moon relies on it to shine. Permission granted." Bitterness flooding in small doses, but Diana kept her tone even.

The Solari's words did not impact her as strongly as she would have thought. Her fingers strayed to the mark upon her brow as she listened idly, settling her eyes shut. "You see but a ghost of your past. You only see what you want to see." The Lunari sighed; this Night was too quiet, filled with restless emotion and still she found her heart unmoved. It was as if the moment had caught up, and she could see it now with renewed eyes. In a way, nothing had changed - except, she currently did not feel the pressing urge to ram her weapon between Leona's ribs. What then, did she want?

Retribution for those that had wronged her. Nothing would force her to stray from her path. Diana held her hands in front of her, the glossy moonlight shining against her skin. The Moon will also rise. "The impossible should never be hoped for. You will find yourself sorely disappointed."