AP Nautilus??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DubstepHippos

09-07-2012

So when Naut came out, colbycheeze played AP naut mid and he totally wrecked the enemy AP carry, so I'm just wondering if I bought him and tried him for the first time would I have the same success?

Ayyy

09-07-2012

I still play him mid once in a while.

His early game burst with q>w>e (the e lets you attack with w more) can really wreck a lot of mids. You can't really build him glass cannon though, because your shield pops really fast in team fights, leaving you without damage. Just gotta be careful, anyone with a good DoT will pop your shield fast, and that's your main source of damage. Putting him mid also lets him gank lanes, but he's harder to farm with in mid, so you may have trouble pushing the lane.

I think top is still a very good choice, and building him like a bruiser. Build Rod of Ages/Rylais, Wits End, and a Sunfire Cap, and you will be really tanky and doing a lot of AoE damage.

WickaWicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2012

They had nerfed his ratios since his release. I used to play him a little at top lane with some success. You can't go all ap though or you'll drop pretty quick. You'll want to build him like if you were playing ap cho(you'll want to get defensive ap items in addition to some pure tank items)

mnun

09-08-2012

Well I've always built Naut with ap, since he scales well from it. But since I main him in the jungle, i never go for any damage, I play him just for the utility with amazing ganks.