Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shyvana Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BendyBread

09-07-2012

Hi there.

I'm learning to expand my jungle options and I realised I bought shyvana quite a while ago. I played a game with her last night and went 9/3/12, so I was feeling pretty good about myself and decided to learn her.

The problem is, I have no idea what runes/masteries/items to use on her. Last night I kind of went for random stuff.
I've been reading a bunch of guides, but nearly every guide has different masteries and runes. Some people say use AD marks, some say AS. It's all quite confusing for me. :S

Runes - AS Reds, Armor Yellows, MR/level Blues and MS Quints.
Masteries = 9/21/0.
Build - Boots + 3 -> wriggles -> Wits End -> Phage and then I was nearly finishing my FM and starting a randuins.

Am I doing anything completely wrong, if so, any help is appreciated.

TeknoWizard

09-07-2012

Really, what you're doing seems fine. Tweak as you see fit. Heck, if AP/level glyphs are what get you the best results, run those. It's all preference. But here's a few variations that I personally do.

-I like getting a Wriggle's Lantern because the possible double proc on your Q is too good for me to pass up. Then again, I go super aggressive with counter jungling and like insta-dropping jungle creeps. It also greatly increases her dragon control.

-I like AD marks because I feel it ups her W damage enough to do more than the AS would. But as I said earlier, run what you like.

BendyBread

09-07-2012

Quote:
TeknoWizard:
Really, what you're doing seems fine. Tweak as you see fit. Heck, if AP/level glyphs are what get you the best results, run those. It's all preference. But here's a few variations that I personally do.

-I like getting a Wriggle's Lantern because the possible double proc on your Q is too good for me to pass up. Then again, I go super aggressive with counter jungling and like insta-dropping jungle creeps. It also greatly increases her dragon control.

-I like AD marks because I feel it ups her W damage enough to do more than the AS would. But as I said earlier, run what you like.

People say AS is better to refresh Q faster because of her passive, but I'm not sure if its worth sacrificing the damage from AD marks or not, considering I build wits end anyway.

exuion

09-08-2012

Shyvanna almost always run +9 ad over +15 aspd. Also, consider getting flat mr over mr/level. the early game ganks for shyv are very rough pre 5 and the flat mr helps a bit. You can also try flat armor blues, which some claim to be rather successful. I would start with cloth+5 over boot+3, the initial armor helps a lot.

BendyBread

09-08-2012

Thank you, I'll try that next time.

I know cloth is good for staying alive, but I love boots for quicker speed getting between camps and for ganking (I want to gank a lane at level 2 to utilise red buff and early game).

BendyBread

09-10-2012

bump~