Shyvana Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

Hi there.

I'm learning to expand my jungle options and I realised I bought shyvana quite a while ago. I played a game with her last night and went 9/3/12, so I was feeling pretty good about myself and decided to learn her.

The problem is, I have no idea what runes/masteries/items to use on her. Last night I kind of went for random stuff.
I've been reading a bunch of guides, but nearly every guide has different masteries and runes. Some people say use AD marks, some say AS. It's all quite confusing for me. :S

Runes - AS Reds, Armor Yellows, MR/level Blues and MS Quints.
Masteries = 9/21/0.
Build - Boots + 3 -> wriggles -> Wits End -> Phage and then I was nearly finishing my FM and starting a randuins.

Am I doing anything completely wrong, if so, any help is appreciated.

TeknoWizard

09-07-2012

Really, what you're doing seems fine. Tweak as you see fit. Heck, if AP/level glyphs are what get you the best results, run those. It's all preference. But here's a few variations that I personally do.

-I like getting a Wriggle's Lantern because the possible double proc on your Q is too good for me to pass up. Then again, I go super aggressive with counter jungling and like insta-dropping jungle creeps. It also greatly increases her dragon control.

-I like AD marks because I feel it ups her W damage enough to do more than the AS would. But as I said earlier, run what you like.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Really, what you're doing seems fine. Tweak as you see fit. Heck, if AP/level glyphs are what get you the best results, run those. It's all preference. But here's a few variations that I personally do.

-I like getting a Wriggle's Lantern because the possible double proc on your Q is too good for me to pass up. Then again, I go super aggressive with counter jungling and like insta-dropping jungle creeps. It also greatly increases her dragon control.

-I like AD marks because I feel it ups her W damage enough to do more than the AS would. But as I said earlier, run what you like.
People say AS is better to refresh Q faster because of her passive, but I'm not sure if its worth sacrificing the damage from AD marks or not, considering I build wits end anyway.

exuion

09-07-2012

Shyvanna almost always run +9 ad over +15 aspd. Also, consider getting flat mr over mr/level. the early game ganks for shyv are very rough pre 5 and the flat mr helps a bit. You can also try flat armor blues, which some claim to be rather successful. I would start with cloth+5 over boot+3, the initial armor helps a lot.

BendyBread

09-08-2012

Thank you, I'll try that next time.

I know cloth is good for staying alive, but I love boots for quicker speed getting between camps and for ganking (I want to gank a lane at level 2 to utilise red buff and early game).

BendyBread

09-09-2012

bump~