Heimerdinger - Basic Hand Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yizle

11-15-2009

I just want to say good guide. Glad you posted one. I considered playing him more to write one since there was not one in the guide sticky.

I will say from testing though locket heals the turrets and is a nice item to add. Aegis for a little buff to them is also not bad.

I generally start with the mana manipulator to work up for locket. And Rod of Ages is my 2nd item. I need to get more playtime in with him still. He still needs some buffs. Not quite sure what with his skills but he needs either a buff to the turrets for lvling or maybe some lower mana costs.

Apokalupsis

11-16-2009

This is a good guide. Since I've been using it...I've won 5/6 games with Heim (only loss was because EVERYONE on my team was brand new...it was weird). I'm also in the to 3 killers as Heim in these games...not necessarily intentional...but it just shows how powerful a decent Heim can be.

I do things a little different in the beginning though. I'm a greedy bastard...and I like the hp/mana regen A LOT...so I always get Phil Stone first. That...w/ the last hits...allows me to rake up a lot of gold very, very quickly.

Here's my starting strat and it has yet to fail me...

Spells: Tele + Heal (both w/ enhanced masteries)

1) Buy Meki Pend (for Phil Stone) + 1 HP Pot.
2) Tele to bot tower.
3) Place 2 turrets in grass nearest their turret at bot. This keeps them busy for a long time.

I'll usually level turrets/bomb, forget missiles until mid level. During this time, I push bot tower. After that's destroyed, I move to top or mid doing the same thing.

By the time I do that...I have item 4 either in the works or already made (about 20 mins).

Been working great for me...Heim is once again fun.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2009

this is indeed what most people do however imo its not the most effective way to use him

LemonWarlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-16-2009

Nice guide, but there are things I think that you should note.

Instead of the Glacial Shroud you could build a Fiendish Codex and when you spec yourself 9/0/21, 9 to reach archaic and 15% magic pen and 21 to reach your lovely skills at the bottom (along with -cd). Having that with your ulti would be just about completely -40% CD.

It also adds a good amount of AP and mana regen to your mana hungry ways. (and I believe the Chalice would work even better since it's % of mana regen)

Arghanos

11-16-2009

Thanks for the feedback on the guide!

Apokalupsis:
I see the value of a philosopher's stone. I can see a game where the trade-off could be made by the player. On the one hand we get extra HP regen, along with bonus income, which Heimer loves. With the chalice, we are focusing more on boosting up some of that starter MResist, helping early game survivability. I will outline this better in the guide as I get ready to do an update!

LemonWarlord:
The Fiendish Codex is the perfect item - but I feel it is much more geared toward AP Heimer, especially with the 9/0/21 build. It will help him reach the cap (39% or so I think, close) more quickly, and cheaply - while giving him AP and mana regen to start. It builds nicely of the Meki Pendant.

However, I feel the build I have essentially outlined favors survivability much more. Looking it over more closely, I think the ideal masteries would be 0/21/9 for this Heimer. By the same token, the shroud will fully fill him up to the 40% cooldown reduction, without necessarily breaking the bank (mid-game), and this is without the need for any masteries lowering cooldown at all. In fact, the extra CD reduction from the heart is un-needed, but following the theme of the build, I feel the additional armor and reduced enemy attack speed help him greatly.

Without disagreeing much at all, I think this build lends itself to the shroud and heart, as they give him mana, armor, and the CD reduction that he needs. Masteries can be spent on furthering the defensive abilities, with some in utility for mana control.

Again, thanks and keep leaving feedback/ideas!

The Senate

11-16-2009

Just going to throw this one out there, if you wanted to add it.

Micro Rockets totally negate the other team's Banshee's Veils in team fights. Throwing those out is instantly going to strip away everybody's Veil.

WaterGorilla

11-16-2009

great guide

Arghanos

11-16-2009

The Senate:

Extremely good point. The rockets are a very useful skill on so many levels. I will add that in!!