A Day in Bandle City ((Open RP))

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

12-14-2012

Shyvana shook her head, amused, and waved to the yordle crowd. When Poppy walked to the forge, Shyvana looked behind her, curious. She gave another wave to the yordles, and walked over to Poppy, looking over what she was doing.

"Interesting." She said. "Have you considered a style of armor a little less tedious to repair?"

Iron Ambássador

12-14-2012

"I have. You have seen me use it upon the Fields. The one the summoners dubbed 'Battle Regalia'. But I prefer my chainmail in battle. Mainly for the mobility it allows, not being made from stiff plates but a high amount of small links. They may be tedious to repair, but they allow much easier movement than full plate armor."

Poppy continues creating links by pouring metal into the mold, waiting for it to solidify enough to be cooled by dumping the mold into the water trough blacksmiths use and then repeating the process.

Ask Shyvana

12-14-2012

"Yes, I suppose that's necessary... for someone of your size." Shyvana commented, giving Poppy a testing smile.

She chuckled, and patted Poppy's shoulder, looking at the prepared links.

"...I would never have the patience for this." She said.

Iron Ambássador

12-14-2012

"I doubt you would have the patience for most of blacksmithing. It is somewhat therapeutic, smashing the plates of metal with Whomper, but the process itself can be quite repetetive. Mold the metal, cool it, mold it more, heat it, mold it and so on."

Poppy finishes the links and looks over them slowly for any weaknesses in them.

Ask Shyvana

12-14-2012

"And this isn't even half of the tedious part." Shyvana commented, taking a seat. "Now, you have to actually form all of those into wearable armor." She shook her head. "The original blacksmith must have been very bored when he thought of this and decided to fully test it."

Iron Ambássador

12-14-2012

"Bored, or seeking a way to protect someone from slashing attacks while keeping it light and mobile."

Poppy walks over to the living quarters again, picking up her broken chainmail from her bed and re-entering the forge room. She then looks at the chainmail and links.

"This will be less tedious if you can assist me a slight bit. I have to create small cuts into the links, take out a part of them, to properly place them in their place. After I have linked all these together in the correct formation, and placed the metal pieces back in their spots, a Dragon's breath should be enough to rejoin the links into their proper shape."

Ask Shyvana

12-14-2012

"Hm. Alright." Shyvana said, approaching the armor. She furrowed her brow at the number of links, but didn't complain. "When you're ready."

Iron Ambássador

12-14-2012

Poppy quickly creates the necessary space in the links for them to work, starting to place them in the proper pattern.

"How is the Demacian life these days Shyvana?"

She quickly finishes the pattern, obviously having done this time and time again before.

"Whenever you are ready."

Ask Shyvana

12-14-2012

Shyvana got to work breathing little bursts of flame at each link.

"Things are getting festive." Shyvana replied. "Other than that, not much has changed. Most people admire me, some people still hide when I walk by. Flattering and amusing."

Iron Ambássador

12-14-2012

"I see. Most likely not as festive as Bandle City gets at this time of the year though."

The links heat up and connect again, making a mobile yet sturdy piece of chainmail. Poppy then takes the piece and starts working on adding it to her chainmail, having taken the broken part out of it beforehand.

"I'd rather not brag, but I doubt there is any place on Valoran that is as festive as Bandle City, no matter the time of year."