The Training Grounds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOneTrueWaifu

09-14-2012

Eve stood up again, loosening herself up, she turned to Novus for a moment "Uh, should I use magic then?"

Equiste

09-14-2012

"Yes, and stretch a little first. We are training here so warming up your muscles is a good idea." He said, removing his military boots before moving over to her and doing some stretches with her (including some partner stretches) before sitting back down again to observe.
"Ok, lets see it then."

TheOneTrueWaifu

09-14-2012

Eve nodded, when they had finished the stretching, she took a new pose, her body was partially sideways one foot facing the dummy as the far one from it was bent on a 90 degree angle, she kept one arm bent in front of her and the other one elevated slightly, she concentrated for a moment and the air around her chilled. after a few moments of waiting she jumped toward the Dummy, ice forming almost like swords extending from her hands, she slashed several times, ducking and spinning to slash more and more until finally jumping back and raising her arms, the ice seemed to fade away from her arm and reform above her into a large spike that was shot toward the dummy. She landed on her feet, the ground freezing beneath her as it seemed to propel her forward toward the dummy, she shot a few blasts of fire at the dummy, soon the ice had melted around it, with one more fire blast it evaporated and began spinning around the dummy like a small tornado, she jumped toward the spinning dummy and kicked it with the bottom of her foot. As she landed, she slipped on some of the water that had been left on the ground and fell over onto her back with a thud.

Equiste

09-14-2012

The dummy took the slashes, the slashes closing up soon after each one was made. Novus raised an eyebrow as he watched her furious and wide slashes. Well he was getting a baseline for what she could do. He mentally went through in his mind what would happen against an average... Well, average but opponent who could look past the magical ice and the stark beauty of the figure in front of them. It was a bit of a showy outfit but it was to the purpose and he had to admit looked good on her. As the large ice spike shot out the dummy moved to the side, avoiding it. The fire hit into it, but the blackened marks it left seem to fix themselves up like they did with the slashes. The dummy seemed to slide back a little at her kick. Novus watched quietly as she slipped over and fell onto the ground.
"I see. Well then that was definately more intimidating then before. A little. So thats one approach. Any others you'd like to show me?" He said, keeping his voice calm. He did find Eve falling over somewhat funny, but this wasn't the time for that. Yet.

TheOneTrueWaifu

09-14-2012

Eve sat up, rubbing the back of her head "I don't really know what else to show...I've never been in a real fight, I always just assumed I'd go with whatever worked..." she stood up slowly, she let out a mental sigh, that was probably the best she could do at this point, she had hoped it was good enough to get a least some good form of praise from him, she walked over to him slowly "So what now?"

Equiste

09-14-2012

"Well, now we'll see how you handle a weapon. Don't worry if it feels awkward and the like, I just want to get a feel of your fighting style a little more. There is some work to be done, but I can see some promise." He stood up, placing a hand on his sheath before it went to the hilt of his sword, drawing it out. He made some hand movements on the blade before he passed it to her hilt first. It seemed lighter than something of its size should of been in her hand. "Alright then, attack the dummy over there. Attack without magic, then combining it with magic to what you feel you should do." He said, remaining standing for this. "And feel free to heal yourself if you feel you should. We still got quite a bit to do and this is only just the start."

TheOneTrueWaifu

09-14-2012

Eve sighed, nodding slowly and shakily taking the blade, she carried it at her side and looked toward the dummy, pointing it forward while holding the hilt with both hands, she stepped slowly forward until she was within range of it. She swung the blade a few times at various angles , jabbing it straight forward a few times before quickly pulling out. Once she had finished with the regular attacks, she concentrated for a moment, she blade sparked with electricity, she attacked similarly to the way she had before, however now, each strike left a burn mark and caused a a thunderous roar. When she had finished she stepped back, dropping the sword accidentally as she shook her hands, they had become numb from using the magic.

Equiste

09-14-2012

Novus watched as she used his sword. Well at least she didn't drop it or jar it out of her hands, though she did threaten to do so a couple of times. He gave a bit of a hum as he watched her only strike with the blade after imbuing it with magic. The dummy self repaired itself after a bit after her attacks as usual. He made his way over when she dropped the sword, taking her hands into his.
"Hmm, so that one has a bit of a drawback huh?" He said, gently massaging her hands before crouching down to pick up his runeblade and sheathing it again.
"So tell me, how did it feel? Was it kinda heavy in parts? Did you feel anything through your hands when you used your magic?"

TheOneTrueWaifu

09-14-2012

Eve smiled as he massaged her hands, raising an eyebrow as he asked her the questions "How did it feel? I don't really understand...the blade wasn't too heavy, but, I never really think of what it feels like when I have magic run through me, it all just feels natural."

Equiste

09-14-2012

"Hmm, well often the best way to understand is through action..." He said, finishing off the massage on her hands before taking out the blade again. He put a hand on the blade and moved his fingers over it again like before. When he handed it to her again this time the blade was somewhat top heavy and the rest of the sword itself increased a little in weight.
"And it couldn't of just felt natural. YOur hands look numb so I assume thats how you felt when the magic had gone through you, right?" He said, giving her a little space. "Just swing it in the air. No need to strike at the dummy."