Garden of Thorns (Ask Zyra 1.5)

1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Zyra

02-11-2014

((Pick one of the two setting and make yourself known in it, Zyra Is more likely to be in her room, though she may be wandering about the garden.))
A change of scenery was good, great even. Though being forced by the institute to move all of her children out of her room and into these gardens was aggravating. Zyra did not understand why the augmentation magic on her room had failed, all she knew was that one minute she was comfortable, and the next, well lets just say she was stuck between a rock and a hell of a lot of plants.

After many days of arduous labor Zyra had moved her children from her room and to her garden, she still demanded that certain special accommodations be made for her children, after all the garden was on the other side of the Institute from her room. So with a little charm, and some more death threats, she managed to get a teleporter pad installed on the balcony of her room to her garden and back again.

Zyra's room
A rather bare bones set up with just a few plants scattered about, it would almost look normal if not for the man eating plant woman who sits at it's center. There is a small sitting area with a device to watch league matches as well a a kitchenette, a bathroom, and a door leading off into her bedroom. At the end of the room instead of where there should be a simple window, the entire wall was made of glass. Set in the glass was a door overlooking a rather intimate balcony area with a glowing section of flooring set in the far corner.

Zyra's Garden
The garden is full of life, and not your run of the mill variety either. Every plant that you can see in vibrantly beautiful and capable of dealing a swift demise. With the garden being tucked away in an unused corner of the institute, their vines grow unchecked, creeping along the walls and into wherever they can reach. As people move through the garden they can feel a vast climate difference, ranging from the freezing air of the Freljord to the heat of the Shurima Dessert. Be wary if you enter alone, the garden's are open to all, but the plants do not appreciate intruders.

((To those of you I was Rp'ing with in my old thread, we are still RP'ing in the old setup.))

Ask Swain

02-11-2014

((I still wonder why they closed it

Edit, I should have kog'maw come here and eat your plants mwahahahk

Edit x2 wait did that sound wrong?))

Ask Zyra

02-11-2014

((yea, I guess Singed x Zyra was to much for them.))

((Edit1: The plants can defend themselves))
((Edit2: Yea it kinda did.))

Ask Zyra

02-11-2014

Quote:
When he heard Zyra's voice shout from within his shoulders sunk a bit as he sighed softly in exasperation. It wasn't as though he was going anywhere else, though he wasn't restless to be allowed in. It was a minute or two before he heard the telltale sign of the door being opened, only to see his lover smiling and welcoming him in. He nodded to her in gratitude.

"Thank you, Zyra. Oh, and I have a gift for you."

He offered the potted flower to her as he entered. It wasn't very heavy, in fact it was very small and light, as it was only a single flower that he had cultivated himself.
Zyra took the plant from his hand and marveled at it, she had known that he had an interest in plants but this particular flower was a handful to grow. She nuzzled her face against it's petals and then walked over and placed it next to her window in the direct light.

"The flower is beutiful Singed." She said through a smile, turning to face him . She quickly moved over to a seat and sat down, patting the cushion next to her.

Meanwhile the vines began to move about the newest of Zyra's collection, already they loved it, though the gift did not change their opinion of Singed.

Ask Zyra

02-11-2014

Quote:
"It was perfect, there was still undead magics in the isles but they were mixed perfectly with the living. The land was beautiful and vibrant and the forest took over the majority of the land. Spirits and specters lived in the forest and helped people passing through or pranked them. The undead would stay in the villages and help out the people there. I was the oldest of the spirits and for that I was meant to guard this oak tree I currently possess as it held the heart of the forest's magic. The land was somewhat similar the the Frljord if it was not frozen solid ."
"Sounds like a...beautiful place. I'm sorry you lost it..."Zyra spoke awkwardly. That she felt sympathy over someones loss was foreign to her, and it had to be Moakai of all people. "Do you know how the land came to become so corrupted, or was it a sudden thing?" Zyra spoke, smiling sadly. She already had her own idea about what had happened but she wanted to confirm it.

AskMadChemist

02-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Zyra View Post
Zyra took the plant from his hand and marveled at it, she had known that he had an interest in plants but this particular flower was a handful to grow. She nuzzled her face against it's petals and then walked over and placed it next to her window in the direct light.

"The flower is beutiful Singed." She said through a smile, turning to face him . She quickly moved over to a seat and sat down, patting the cushion next to her.

Meanwhile the vines began to move about the newest of Zyra's collection, already they loved it, though the gift did not change their opinion of Singed.
{{ Pfft, should've known the peace offering would not dissuade those vines. XP }}

Singed smiled weakly underneath his bandages, the experience of having someone be alright with and perhaps even fond of him was completely new and foreign. He'd spent his entire life defining his own existence, casting his own set of priorities and indulging in work that suited him the best. He had never received compassion or mercy from anyone for as long as he could remember, only getting looks of apprehension and disgust due to a combination of his reclusive nature and toxic reputation. To have someone treat him as an equal, even just as a peer, was something he'd never even entertained notions of.

"W-Well, it is quite lovely but I don't feel as though it can match up to....your beauty."

It was an awkward scene, as he watched her go over to sit down and pat the cushion next to her for him to take. He did so without dawdling too longer, and as he approached his featureless, glowing yellow eyes briefly watched the vines nearby getting acquainted with their newest friend. He had expected that the fact that the flower wasn't one of Zyra's children would have hurt its chances of acceptance from the devious greens, but apparently that wasn't even an issue. The plant-woman may not have created and grown it, but it proved to be lovely enough to adapt to the wildlife. As the chemist sat down next to Zyra, he released a small, quiet sigh as he closed his eyes and seemed to relax.

"That's not the only one I have, you know. It's just the one I felt like bringing to you. There are many more in my....private plot, located here at the Institute. Gardening is a hobby of mine that formed after I first laid eyes upon the lush vegetation of Summoner's Rift, and I've been doing it as a side-project ever since."

Goau

02-12-2014

Dear Zyra,

Have you considered taking on an assistant to help you care for your plants? I understand that there are dangers involved in such a thing, but I am willing to take the risk.

Of course, I know I will need training, and I would feel honored if you would either teach me to garden or accept me as an assistant.

From the Grand Library,
Curator Goau

AskTwistedTreant

02-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Zyra View Post
"Sounds like a...beautiful place. I'm sorry you lost it..."Zyra spoke awkwardly. That she felt sympathy over someones loss was foreign to her, and it had to be Moakai of all people. "Do you know how the land came to become so corrupted, or was it a sudden thing?" Zyra spoke, smiling sadly. She already had her own idea about what had happened but she wanted to confirm it.
"Those reckless mages did it. They tried to summon a being to protect the Isles, and it went wrong. what came out was a being of death and decay. Wherever it went, the isles soon would die and be brought back as slaves to the undead magic. I never knew if the isles changed slowly or quickly as I was busy keeping that thing out of my forest. In the end, I failed, the isles died and the undead magics took over. This tree is all that is left of the living magics from the isles and I will stop at nothing to restore them to their former glory." Maokai says as his brow furrows and his eyes gain a determined look, before that look grows to one of sadness as he continues "Though I fear this task has become to much for myself to handle."

AskTheVeryBest

02-12-2014

Wukong would knock loudly on Zyra's door with his staff. He was careful not to hit any of the plants growing around it.

Ask Zyra

02-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskMadChemist View Post
{{ Pfft, should've known the peace offering would not dissuade those vines. XP }}

Singed smiled weakly underneath his bandages, the experience of having someone be alright with and perhaps even fond of him was completely new and foreign. He'd spent his entire life defining his own existence, casting his own set of priorities and indulging in work that suited him the best. He had never received compassion or mercy from anyone for as long as he could remember, only getting looks of apprehension and disgust due to a combination of his reclusive nature and toxic reputation. To have someone treat him as an equal, even just as a peer, was something he'd never even entertained notions of.

"W-Well, it is quite lovely but I don't feel as though it can match up to....your beauty."

It was an awkward scene, as he watched her go over to sit down and pat the cushion next to her for him to take. He did so without dawdling too longer, and as he approached his featureless, glowing yellow eyes briefly watched the vines nearby getting acquainted with their newest friend. He had expected that the fact that the flower wasn't one of Zyra's children would have hurt its chances of acceptance from the devious greens, but apparently that wasn't even an issue. The plant-woman may not have created and grown it, but it proved to be lovely enough to adapt to the wildlife. As the chemist sat down next to Zyra, he released a small, quiet sigh as he closed his eyes and seemed to relax.

"That's not the only one I have, you know. It's just the one I felt like bringing to you. There are many more in my....private plot, located here at the Institute. Gardening is a hobby of mine that formed after I first laid eyes upon the lush vegetation of Summoner's Rift, and I've been doing it as a side-project ever since."
"The vegetation at the Rift is quite beautiful, though most of it is a sham." Zyra spoke sadly. "Most of it was forced to grow against their will, their opinion was not taken into account during their growth and there where thrust into their adulthood."

"But enough about the Rift." She said taking his hand. "How are you?" Zyra was still trying to decide how exactly she felt, but she knew the feeling was a good one, she just hoped that it was mutual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goau View Post
Dear Zyra,

Have you considered taking on an assistant to help you care for your plants? I understand that there are dangers involved in such a thing, but I am willing to take the risk.

Of course, I know I will need training, and I would feel honored if you would either teach me to garden or accept me as an assistant.

From the Grand Library,
Curator Goau
Curator,

I have not considered taking an assistant, I have a few plans in the works. Please meet me in my rooms to further discuss this particular matter, I will make any decisions upon meeting ypu.

-Zyra

1234511 ... 16