[Open RP] The Institute of War - Grand Library (Reboot)

1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AODRG

02-14-2014

The Grand Library

A place of wonder and knowledge located on the West Wing of the Institute of War. This vast room is filled with over 4 million books, scrolls, runes, and just about anything else that can be written on. Anything and everything known in Runeterra is recorded and stored here, for the public or for safe keeping.

The library itself is ever expanding thanks to the power of magic. Should you require a quiet place to read and get away from any pestering talkers, there should be more than enough space for you to walk to. Of course, with all this information, some of it must be guarded for fear of it falling into dangerous hands. As such, there are restricted sections on every floor guarded by powerful beasts and summoners that you really don't want to mess with.

The library is also divided into 4 floors, which can be accessed either from the stairs along the wall, or from a magic-powered elevator in the center of the library. The First Floor is where the main check-out/help desk can be found, as well as any and all information regarding champions, summoners, or anything involving the League of Legends and the city-states that are allied with it. The first floor is guarded by champion Nasus, the Curator of the Sands. It is appropriate that he is guarding info about his fellow champions, or at least the summoners thought it was.

The Second Floor contains several hidden passageways to help lose pesky intrusions an let you continue reading in peace. It is also the floor where any books or scrolls pertaining to the use of or study of magic are found. If you need a spell or potion, come to the Second Floor. The restricted section is guarded by a powerful golem created from magic. It has incredible strength, vicious rage, and a tendency to act before thinking. Do be careful when treading the area without permission here.

The Third Floor is filled with works of fiction of all variety. Any short story, novel, children's book, or graphic comic can be found here. Needless to say, the third floor is the most popular among the younger generation. The third floor's restricted section, which is the smallest in the library, is guarded by an old summoner master. It is unknown what magic he knows, however it is clear he is not someone who you want to test.

The top floor consists of all books pertaining to Runes and Magical items. Unlike the second floor, there are no spells or enchantments up here. Simply informations regarding any and all runes and magical items the league has or knows about. The restricted section here is guarded by a mystical creature of the pure elements. You would most likely freeze or burn before seeing it, so there is little defense for the unprepared.

Each floor also has a curator, in charge of the books and such in their field. Summoners come in and out of these positions daily, but there are several that stay the same.

The first floor's curator - Summoner Randle Grend (AODRG). A respectable and highly intelligent summoner with few flaws aside from a magical cane that never really works when needed. Randle runs the Library more or less, and makes sure not only his floor but the entire room is in order. If you have a problem, talk to him first.

Second floor's Curator - Summoner Goau (Goau). Goau was born in a small community until he moved to the Institute when he found out he had magical powers. His love of literature drew him to working in the library where he became a librarian, then a scribe, and finally the curator of the second floor, often nicknamed the Arcane Floor. Though new, he does his best to keep order in the wing and encourage visitors to come.

Third Floor's Curator - Currently missing. We are filing a missing persons report. In the meantime, potential summoners or champions who wish to oversee the floor, please talk to either Summoner Randle Grend or Summoner Goau. Must enjoy the youth of this age.

Fourth Floor's Curator - Recently retired. New applicants are welcome. Speak with Summoner Randle Grend or Summoner Goau for offerings.

---------

OOC - Welcome to the Grand Library. Come on in and read a book, find a poem, or learn about a magical rune. Just be on your best behavior, or the guardians will throw you out...or worse.

This thread is getting rebooted because, while the previous thread was not inactive, it was horribly out of date and in need of a redo. Plus, this way we could describe the library in more vivid detail, and add more interesting possible plot devices for you to explore. I think you'll find there's much more to do than to pick up a book and start reading.

Be aware this is an OPEN RP! Anyone and everyone can butt into any RP going on at anytime, provided they are aware of what's going on and can follow along well.

There are currently 2 people in charge of this place - Randle Grend and Goau. If you would like to be a Curator in charge of a section of the library, speak with them.

Ask Zilean

02-14-2014

((Hm? Interesting))

Goau

02-14-2014

((Yay!))

Asktrundle

02-14-2014

Trundle walked slowly into the Library, staring around at all the books in contempt. He had decided to leave Caroline behind at his quarters, saying that he was going for a walk. He was trying to learn to read, but he knew he was going to have to ask someone here for help, and unsure of how to ask or where to go, he smacked the large desk in front of him with Boneshiver to try and draw out a Summoner to help him, making a large cracking noise echo through the library as he looked around in anticipation.

LTCherz

02-14-2014

A younger summoner entered the Library. She was hoping to find a book on the Freljord, but while there she noticed Trundle. Instead of asking for some assistance, she went to Trundle who smacked the desk with his gigantic club.

"Uh, Hi." She said. "I would recommend keeping it down." She said, winking. "Do you need anything?"

Asktrundle

02-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCherz View Post
A younger summoner entered the Library. She was hoping to find a book on the Freljord, but while there she noticed Trundle. Instead of asking for some assistance, she went to Trundle who smacked the desk with his gigantic club.

"Uh, Hi." She said. "I would recommend keeping it down." She said, winking. "Do you need anything?"
"What?!" Trundle said angrily, the sight of all the books he could barely read was starting to anger him greatly. "I am the Troll King, i think my noise is quite acceptable." Said Trundle as his eyes began to narrow at the young Summoner. "Unless you can tell me more about this, i suggest you find me someone who can." Said Trundle, holding up Boneshiver for her to examine as he brandished it menacingly.

LTCherz

02-14-2014

Chelsie did not flinch, even with his tone. "Uh, well, Libraries are usually quite so others can read." She said, but she gave up as he probably wouldn't listen or care. "By this do you mean reading?" She asked. "Hold on a second, I think I can help." She disappeared up the stairs, but quickly returned to where the Troll King was. She held out a book, the Ugly Duckling was its title. "Well, do you know anything about reading, or would you like me to read it to you?" She asked.

Asktrundle

02-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCherz View Post
Chelsie did not flinch, even with his tone. "Uh, well, Libraries are usually quite so others can read." She said, but she gave up as he probably wouldn't listen or care. "By this do you mean reading?" She asked. "Hold on a second, I think I can help." She disappeared up the stairs, but quickly returned to where the Troll King was. She held out a book, the Ugly Duckling was its title. "Well, do you know anything about reading, or would you like me to read it to you?" She asked.
Trundle was almost jumping up and down on the spot in frustration as she left, and his eyes filled with murder as he looked at the book in her hand. "I can read...kinda." He said angrily. "What is that book supposed to mean, you think I am ugly?!" Said Trundle, advancing in the girl as a Pillar of Ice appeared behind her. "I just want to know more about this club." He whispered, his voice filled with malice and threats as he began to draw back Boneshiver to strike.

Goau

02-14-2014

((Sadly, I am going to bed tonight. Apologizes everyone.))

LTCherz

02-14-2014

"I-Uh-No...You didn't give me much to work with." She said, backing up into the pillar. "Its just a moderate book that isn't hard to read, I wasn't implying anything." She said, starting to worry. "I can probably find a book on the history of your club if you want...unless that's in the book your reading. Please be a bit more specific.." She said, almost begging him.

((Thats alright, i'll deal with he angry troll on my own~))

1234511 ... 19