What does "unskilled player" report really do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladine View Post
I actually heard that was the way it worked. If a player accumulates enough of them, it will lower their normal (not-ranked) ELO slightly. Not sure if that's accurate or not though.
I've heard the same, but I don't see why it would be true. Isn't that... what the Elo is for in the first place? Having the report do that seems redundant because that person is obviously losing games anyway (or doesn't deserve the reports).

Mokkun

09-06-2012

It doesn't reduce ELO. Think about it, you get told your ELO change at the end of the match, before anyone gets to report, and your ELO doesn't randomly drop by a couple points.

It obviously doesn't go to Tribunal.

It doesn't matter enough to end up as important for False Reporting.

It doesn't prevent you from playing with that person.

It is kept track of by Riot.

That's what we know without serious forum digging. Somewhere I remember a post saying that all it served to do was act as a data point for metric happy Rioters. Unfortunately, it's either older than 80+ pages of Tribunal forum, which probably means that it's in GD somewhere, and I'm not digging through 400 pages of that.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

It affects matchmaking in normals if you get a ton of them, and it is used for research by riot.

MoreMedz

09-06-2012

I don’t recall ever reading a Tribunal case where someone got reported for Unskilled Player. So I am making a few presumptions:

• Most people realise that to get a better chance of getting someone banned, they should cite one of the other reasons.
• For people who cannot find any other reasons to report someone besides being an Unskilled Player, this may help them to feel a little better.
• Riot is using it as a feedback mechanism to evaluate the performance of matchmaking system at all levels.

Judas Priest

09-07-2012

"Does the "unskilled player" report really do something? Does it lower the hidden ELO of a player?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It doesn't do anything automatically, so it's impossible for a player to 'troll' another player and lower their Elo. However, we do use the reports for other things but they are always reviewed by human eyes first.

"But is it used only for statistics or could it lower the player's ELO in the end of the manual process?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We've done both in the past. These days, matchmaking is pretty decent at placing players where they need to be, so we're doing fewer and fewer manual shifts in Elo.

TigerSuphakon

12-13-2012

i been going to tribunal and i keep pressin punish and then i ban 4 player just like Iwdominate.

ClearSkyss

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyunwoo View Post
ah, my apologies then, i haven't been on the forums in months. But i'm sure a rioter has mentioned in the past that it's used to avoid future queues. It definitely wasn't lyte nor pendragon... Can't remember. But if lyte has mentioned it that recently, then yeah, not true anymore

*edit: Also it was just for normal games, he/she didn't mention ranked queues.*
awww looking at you SUCKING ASSass