What does "unskilled player" report really do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

09-06-2012

Seriously, does that really do something? Is there any official note about what does this feature do?

Exploding Barrel

09-06-2012

Riot hasn't commented about it that I've seen, except to clarify that it was NOT included in the ban wave for report abuse last month.

Personally I think it's a placebo button. Does the same thing as the crosswalk button at a big city intersection or the door close button on an elevator. At most, Riot collects data from it to gauge how well the matchmaking is working.

Trollbunalist

09-06-2012

It's an obvious placebo button to cut down on rage reporting. If you want to push someone into the Tribunal faster where they might be punished for calling someone a noob in some other game then choose "Intentionally Feeding."

xystris

09-06-2012

definately placebo but i use it every other game cause the player base is so bad.

hyunwoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

There was an official statement regarding this several months ago. Can't find it and don't remember the exact wording, but it functions as a way to never be queued with that player again.

That is its only function and the reported player won't ever turn up in the Tribunal for this selection either.

Exploding Barrel

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyunwoo View Post
There was an official statement regarding this several months ago. Can't find it and don't remember the exact wording, but it functions as a way to never be queued with that player again.
That's not true. Lyte has said as recently as yesterday that they've carefully avoided ways for players to avoid who they get queued with in the future (particularly for ranked purposes).

hyunwoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
That's not true. Lyte has said as recently as yesterday that they've carefully avoided ways for players to avoid who they get queued with in the future (particularly for ranked purposes).
Ah, my apologies then, I haven't been on the forums in months. But I'm sure a Rioter has mentioned in the past that it's used to avoid future queues. It definitely wasn't Lyte nor Pendragon... can't remember. But if Lyte has mentioned it that recently, then yeah, not true anymore

*edit: also it was just for Normal games, he/she didn't mention Ranked queues.*

rvzillmer

09-06-2012

Doesn't it lower the player's ELO?

Palladine

09-06-2012

I actually heard that was the way it worked. If a player accumulates enough of them, it will lower their normal (not-ranked) ELO slightly. Not sure if that's accurate or not though.

Vaeldran

Recruiter

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladine View Post
I actually heard that was the way it worked. If a player accumulates enough of them, it will lower their normal (not-ranked) ELO slightly. Not sure if that's accurate or not though.
^ That's what I've heard too.