Blue Buff, then steal their Red Buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadyGecko13

09-06-2012

Hello,

I have been jungling as Warwick, and doing pretty well. My level is high 20s, and I play blind pick with 1-2 friends.

Now, recently I have been grabbing my blue (with leash) and then heading straight to the enemy's red, placing a ward at the patch of grass near wraiths and popping a potion before I go in. WW has enough sustain to do this easily.

This has only backfired on me twice, when they grabbed red first and when they went straight to red after blue, I had to leave. Lately I have been placing the ward earlier to check that they don't go early. I'm always able to finish before they are done with wraiths, and depending on their clear time sometimes before they even get there. It's risky, but rewarding. It works enough that I do it every game, and I love seeing them with my ward go to red and knowing they are cursing me.
If they don't have a jungler, this is a no brainer, except I go their golems first so I have smite for red and then finish their wraiths as well.

Thoughts from more experienced players? Will this work as well when I start playing ranked?

Thanks,
ShadyGecko

PS: The main reason I'm bringing this up is because I never see it mentioned in guides, so I'm wondering if there's a glaring issue I'm missing until I get to ranked.

Ten Inch Rooster

09-06-2012

Just a helpful tidbit as I do this a good bit as well. Only kill the big lizard and one little lizard and leave the 3rd. The timer on their red won't reset until they get there and kill that one. Also, have your blue leashers stay a couple extra seconds to burn blue enough that you don't need smite on it so you can take their red that much quicker. Finally memorize typical jungling paths of the other Junglers, for instance who must start blue and who will probably start red.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

It's good, but you have to get your team to help you on your blue buff, so that you can save smite for red.

Start at wolves, then grab your blue buff, then use the outside route(tribush) to get to the red buff brush. Chances are that you might be able to steal it from your enemy while they're doing it, then run away.

an old way to do it was to start Cloth armor, one ward, and potions.

you did your blue, warded their red, took their wraiths, and waited for them to start red. Smite across the wall for easy steal, then you'Re right next to their tribush-gankable lane, so gank there.

well that's one way to look at it.. I'm sure some people will say this is bad for some reason, but I believe counterjungling followed by a gank early is a very viable tactic.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

Have 2 peeps (either both mid and support, or top and mid depending on which side you're on) help you burn through blue a lot faster in order to make faster time as well as saving smite for the red steal. Another option is to start at red with aid from mid and top/support and then go over to your blue and continue from there.

There are several champions that typically start at red (Tryndamere, Lee Sin, Shaco, many others) and it is wise to learn this list so you know if it's safe to steal their red, or if you should try and steal their blue initially. Good luck with jungling (: