Fizz vs Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simonino

09-05-2012

Greetings, Summoners !
I'm a level 20 summoner of the league and I play on the EU-NE server. Recently, I have discovered that I really like Fizz's play-style and I think that it really suits mine as-well (get in the fight, dunk people, get out of the fight).
I have just reached level 20 and my question is : should I keep the IP for this awesome champ or should I buy runes, finish a rune page and only after that buy him ?
Thanks in advance for your answers !
Best Regards,
-S.

Jesot

09-05-2012

You should be saving for runes, but if you find a champ you love, it's nigh impossible to tell you not to get him.

I love Fizz, too. Soooo fun to play. I say get Fizz. Let that be your big splurge.

Lethadind

09-05-2012

Expanding your roster and your champion knowledge is far more important in terms of doing well than buying a rune page or two. Both are expensive in terms of IP.

Everyone understands the 450/1350/3150 IP champions very well - they're seen while leveling in every game. Grabbing a few 6300 IP Champs can give you a knowledge edge. I main as Fizz and nobody ever expects his burst to be as powerful as it is. When I lane against Fizz I know this - he scares me half to hell. So, I would suggest the champion buy, especially if you enjoy him.

My advice would be splurge on Fizz and then slowly buy runes as you get IP afterward. It's like buying a house - it's more expensive but it's the most important thing you buy - you can't make use of the furniture (runes) without the house anyway.