Darius OP? Maybe not

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

09-11-2012

No, his kit is designed around countering anything he can reach. Armor does help against him, though, a Darius that cannot bring his target down fast enough to start the true damage sodomy train isn't much more than a Garen.

Apprehend makes armor less efficient, but not futile. I'd rather not see my frontline melt to 2 Q-W's. That said, no, Thornmail is not the armor item you should be building against Darius. He doesn't care about the damage reflect in the slightest.

SexyPixl

01-16-2013

Weakness for darius = long ranged

Death Defier96

01-16-2013

Well just throwing this out there but kayle is the hardest counter to darius in the world.... Her ult just sto

Death Defier96

01-16-2013

Well just throwing this out there but kayle is the hardest counter to darius in the world.... Her ult just stops his dead and she shreds armor and resistance.... I dunk darius players immensely

smXho

01-17-2013

Since champs are balanced around SR
on SR, he can be kited, on Dominion its harder to kite due to narrower path and map objectives being at fixed map spots.
on SR, his cooldown reset is less devasting because its very much 1v1 during laneing phase, however on Dominion, kills are very fast, and having your ult up most of the time does hurt a lot

His kit is also very strong, especially compare to the skill cap it takes to learn to play him. 3 type of damage, high scaling, innate arm pen and infinite true damage due to cooldown reset. Even Certainty regrets making him and consider him to be slightly too powerful in terms of kit mechanics. That means something

Eloquid

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Fdru I know you hate darius, But if he is OP why any of the 12 top players i checked Not a single have better than their average win rate with darius? I can give you the entire list and check for yourself. He also has worse than average win ratio in all the matches registered in lol matches.
His tournament appearance is little (because almost always banned, but that only tell us what players feel instead of hard data) the little appearance have not been above average either.
There is no indication that he is op, so I ask again what's the basis to declare him op? If he is op, at least top players should achieve better better than average win rate with them, but they do not so. That is not true if you look for champs like Ezreal and kassadin (champs i consider superior to darius).

lbgsloan, the most important is top players, top players are top players darius being on free week or not.

Also if you check top players win ratios, no, galio shouldn't be top pick. However Kassadin and ezreal should (they have awesome win ratios all over the place), and they are. In fact if you look at all top players that play kassadin, kassadin have an insane win ratio, as expected. But darius is mediocre at best.

If darius is that good, top players of dominion should achieve at least average win ratio with them, they achieve way better win ratios with other champs.
Bad arguments. Yeah he is op in every sense of the word and sooner ppl stop being sheeps that refuse to see the obvious the better this game would become, but why would it necessarily mean he has to bring win for a team? This is teamgame, not Derpius game. He steals farm and kills from his team only to fall of hard lategame, when he starved his team so they can't to anything then. Everybody with normal mental stability hates to see him, in their own or enemy team. He completely destroys and removes all the fun from TT map, to somewhat less extent on Dominion. What high elo players do or don't do isn't measure of anything, 99% of ppl play normal games, and play them for fun. Darius is op so much it isn't fun anymore and it never was. And op doesn't mean good because it's a team game and he's op-nes is of a kind that make the game 5v4v1. Only for no life noobs that choose to play him because they feel going 15/10 is a good game, even if they mostly lose games for reasons already mentioned. If you really feel D is not op after being regularly raped by him in every 1v1 fight because high elo think in theory he can be countered (notion about normal games majority, and good luck with draft on Dom), then I rest my case.

grifbomber

01-17-2013

due to the lack of general teamwork in Dom a competent Dar player can steamroll triple/quadra kills all day long if he builds correctly. he has to be shutdown quickly to make him useless.

Luninareph

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
He's not "OP" if you collectively play smart and don't let him have the advantage. But he's such an annoying threat regardless.
^ This. Annoying if he's on the enemy team, annoying if he's on my team. I just hate seeing him anywhere, no matter what.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

RIot already admitted it was a bad idea to release a champion that hard counters Almost Every champion that fights at Melee ranges excepting for a few select melee champions that can counter him, You know that riot's philosophy doesn't believe that Hard counters are good for the game's health.

That and This Topic was just necroed

This might be the Dominion forums but every grown up Dominion player knows that any notion of riot balancing champions for Dominion is just a fairytale so i'll specify what's the issue with Darius from an Sr standpoint
He literally hard counters most of the melee champions meaning that you have to send a ranged character against him, Ranged characters are usually squishy ,if you Forfeit sending a Melee bruiser in favor of a ranged squishy your frontline takes a hit even Before the game starts because the tank will be absorbing more damage, since part of the bruiser's job is to absorb part of the damage the tank absorsbs enabling the tank to..well ... tank, it's going 4 ranged characters that die easily+1 heavily weakened tank vs Darius+tank+3ranged characters that have an actual frontline to protect them.

The Fizznity

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
Bad arguments. Yeah he is op in every sense of the word and sooner ppl stop being sheeps that refuse to see the obvious the better this game would become, but why would it necessarily mean he has to bring win for a team? This is teamgame, not Derpius game. He steals farm and kills from his team only to fall of hard lategame, when he starved his team so they can't to anything then. Everybody with normal mental stability hates to see him, in their own or enemy team. He completely destroys and removes all the fun from TT map, to somewhat less extent on Dominion. What high elo players do or don't do isn't measure of anything, 99% of ppl play normal games, and play them for fun. Darius is op so much it isn't fun anymore and it never was. And op doesn't mean good because it's a team game and he's op-nes is of a kind that make the game 5v4v1. Only for no life noobs that choose to play him because they feel going 15/10 is a good game, even if they mostly lose games for reasons already mentioned. If you really feel D is not op after being regularly raped by him in every 1v1 fight because high elo think in theory he can be countered (notion about normal games majority, and good luck with draft on Dom), then I rest my case.
Grats, you demonstrated your complete lack of knowledge on how to kite or disengage. You also list 'steals farm and kills' when thats the main thing that doesn't matter on dominion.

Sorry you don't know how to fight darius, doesn't make him any more of a noob champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
That and This Topic was just necroed