Darius OP? Maybe not

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

09-07-2012

Darius is either good or awful. He's usually awful.

All you have to do is put a Rylai's on your mage and he won't be able to get into the fight at all, let alone deal any damage.

I really enjoy playing Darius but I got tired of Ashe appearing in my blind pick games and nullifying me for 20 minutes (this is a bit of an exaggeration, really, he sucks against slows).

Kryblade

09-07-2012

It's really simple. he's op.

Darius can build tanky and do WAY too much damage.

How is that not op?

I'm so tired of the "you can counter pick" arguement about op champs.

How do you counter pick in "Blind Pick" mode?
Most players avoid darft/ranked.
Clearly the most popular mode is blind pick...

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

How you dared not ban darius infe ed...how you dared....

FDru

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
ok, but you are just attacking like the weakest piece of evidence, the biggest piece of evidence is clearly that top players fail to achieve better than their average winning ratios with darius, all over the place. Yet they have no problems doing so with other considered very powerfull champs (Pantheon, Kassadin, Ezreal, Lulu, Jax, etc)
I'm going to go with "Jayce is even more OP than Darius and is a significant Darius counter". Jayce has been in probably 90% of every match I've spectated and played in since his release, he's totally stupid and always dominates. Too bad Jayce is permabanned, as he should be, and therefore Darius is next on the list.

And you're seriously in denial, because most high end Dominion matches are determined by who got the more OP picks, and Riot has been really bad about releasing exceedingly strong Dominion champs lately. Nearly all of the releases in the last few months are on the ban list because they deserve to be; and a couple are reasonable now after some significant nerfs (like Zyra, and maybe Diana but I think Diana is very likely still OP).

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

I think that people that claim darius is op are in denial, when they failed to provide evidence, that darius is op.

Quote:
most high end Dominion matches are determined by who got the more OP picks
I would be interested in you proving this point using the dominatedominion games. Because I just fail to see it.

WaterD103

09-09-2012

Jayce may be op, I'm still unsure about it, I don't see enough evidence that is op, but there is at least some evidence. Who are those players that always dominate with jayce? highly interested.

Duelpower

09-09-2012

I was playing darius yesterday and found out pretty quick he isn't broken OP. I'm glad I played him now because I used to think he was broken as ****.

Now I know how much slows and silences hurt him. Actually he feels really slow in general moving around the map.

DramaticBear

09-09-2012

25% free armor pen and High base stats go a long way.

He can survive on base stats alone for the first 10 minutes, and afterwards full tank keeps him alive for the rest of the game.

25% armor pen and high base damage on his abilities and auto attacks makes them last a long time. They also scale really well with each point of AD, making one or two offensive items last the entire game.

The real problem is that you have to either leave the teamfight at around 900 hp, or die instantly. Most characters endgame have around 2500-3000 hp for pure melees, meaning they have to leave the fight at a third of their hp.

Also, 40% attack speed slow is bull****, he does not need that.

Xander756

09-09-2012

Darius is OP no matter what. I've been playing him this week and laugh at how easy it is to own.

inFe eD

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Jayce may be op, I'm still unsure about it, I don't see enough evidence that is op, but there is at least some evidence. Who are those players that always dominate with jayce? highly interested.
You're unsure whether Jayce is OP or not. Oh boy.

At least this thread just started to make a lot more sense now.