Darius OP? Maybe not

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Riot themselves said it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

I've never found Darius to be op, just annoying. If you counter pick him and play smart, he becomes so overwhelmingly useless that the team that has him will typically be complaining about how bad their Darius is, even though there is quite literally nothing he can do to fight against it.

Champs like Kayle, or Nunu are so exceptionally strong against him that it's painful. Zilean is another guy who crushes him, and someone like Corki or Ezreal will never lose an engagement to him.

I play Katarina nearly exclusively nowadays and have had tremendous success vs Darius, and I like to think I play at a fairly high level (2100+ before jabe bot got booted).

I've said this a lot, but I'll say it again. Darius is an opportunist champion. If he gets his opportunity, he is ruthless and will crush entire teams almost by himself. However, if your team has good picks and you play smartly enough, he's borderline worthless. The only thing he really does is damage outside of a short ranged super long cd pull and slow, so he better be able to dish it out when he gets his chance.

Infirc

09-06-2012

Win rate isn't everything, lulu's Dominion win rate is even lower than Darius's and you know the problem she causes at the higher elos

Phourc

09-06-2012

He out-duels Jax, who himself is considered OP because of how absurdly strong he is in a duel.

I don't think there's any way that can be considered a well balanced character.

inFe eD

09-06-2012

Feel free to leave him open against me in a tourney setting.

WaterD103

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Feel free to leave him open against me in a tourney setting.
Of course I will, sadly my team deflected until ranked is implemented as i play with pick ups of people and friends that actually barely play your team would beat whatever I can build up with Sejuani and Ad Annie. But even with that team, sure I will give you darius all day. I'm sad dominatedominion use so many bans, the game do not need them, and also we can't have better data on what champs are really good or not because we can't see them in action, they are banned instead. I'm pretty sure that if we had the data, at the end of the day what team win ratio is gonna be more important than what team has many of the so called op champs, with the exception of kassadin which is pretty broken. (however in the past scenario of my pickup team vs your team, if we had kassadin we still woulda lose).

WaterD103

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Win rate isn't everything, lulu's Dominion win rate is even lower than Darius's and you know the problem she causes at the higher elos
That's very far from true, if you check the win ratios of the few top players that actually use lulu, she has a very strong win ratio. I don't know where you got that stat.

Umbralogix

09-07-2012

Poppy can kill Darius like he's a squishy, and then some.

Infirc

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
That's very far from true, if you check the win ratios of the few top players that actually use lulu, she has a very strong win ratio. I don't know where you got that stat.

Overall Dominion win ratios throughout the servers rather than stalking high elo players win ratios, she's s sitting at 42% win ratio or something like that.

WaterD103

09-07-2012

ok, but you are just attacking like the weakest piece of evidence, the biggest piece of evidence is clearly that top players fail to achieve better than their average winning ratios with darius, all over the place. Yet they have no problems doing so with other considered very powerfull champs (Pantheon, Kassadin, Ezreal, Lulu, Jax, etc)